1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The simple truth about God’s Plan for us to get to heaven

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Apr 30, 2013.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Some will be weary I'm sure, but not all feel such. I was drawn by the Spirit at age ten and then called upon the Lord Jesus to save me, I wasn't weary or heavy laden, just a boy answering a call.

2. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If that is what you think, then you have no concept of how God forgives, no concept of grace. You must be preaching a works based salvation.

3. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I only know of a Christ that meets needs. They that are whole needs not a physician,but they that are sick; i came not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I said

Steaver said in response to that reference to the teaching of Christ in Matt 18

Is it your claim that anyone that pays attention to what Christ said in Matt 18 does not know anything about forgiveness?

Really??

Things have apparently changed around here since last time you and I talked.

in Christ,

Bob

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is Christ's teaching on Forgiveness--

All opposed -- say "I'm with Steaver".

Ok - just kidding.

Let's do that again - only this time with Romans 11 -- :thumbsup:

in Christ,

Bob

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    how about romans 8, where paul CLEARLy declares that ALl are freely justified before God by the Cross, and now we experience freedom to live for jesus by walking in the Spirit, not trying to please God by keeping the works of the law in our flesh!

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen! But back to my post, I did not feel weary or heavy laden when I called upon Jesus Christ to save me. I certainly knew I was a sinner though in need of a Saviour!

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't recall making any such claim. What I did say is you are promoting a works based salvation by referencing Matt 18 as "forgiveness revoked" or Once saved, then Lost. There is simply no such thing with God. The problem lies in your misapplication of the parable, the servant had never been saved through regeneration. Jesus forgives all sin with the exception of unbelief, this servant proved he did not take to heart the forgiveness God declared upon him, he lacked forgiveness of unbelief.

9. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Another crazy post ... will they ever end, is the question?
    You really MUST get out of this emotional meltdown syndrome of craziness ...
    and get "in the Spirit", as well as start doing some clear thinking.
    Being emotionally upset because of your past negative experiences is a killer.

Now, onto da red ... this "freedom" works both ways!

In da OT, God's "chosen people" CHOSE to be disobedient, and many etcs,
    and the Lord left 99.99% of dem scattered all over the desert floor.

Heads Up ... free-will man always has freedom, even da BAC ones!

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    just saying that we are free in chrsit to now really live for him, and that way is thru walking in the Holy spirit, as per pauline theology!

And sinners have a will that is restricted by sin natures, so limited in what they can chose to do, for jesus said that ALL are enslaved by a sin master before jesus becomes their new master and sets them free!

Since we have the H by faith, received jesus thru faith, why keep trying to serve him out of the flesh, by keeping all the law, as the means to get/kept saved?

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Matt 18
    27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
    28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
    29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
    30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
    31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
    32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
    33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
    34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
    35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

I see - so this is the part of Matt 18 that you apparently object to -

I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
    33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
    34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
    35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, IF -

The servant of Matt 18 was not expected to show forgiveness and Christ-like character - until after he was forgiven, born-again, saved -- the New Creation.

Would this exercise be more fun in Romans 11?

We can go there next if you like.

in Christ,

Bob

#31 BobRyan, May 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
  12. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No objection so far....

This would be incorrect. All are expected to show forgiveness and Christ-like character. Unforgiveness is a sin.

You may go wheresoever you like, you will not find "forgiveness revoked" in all of scripture.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he violates 3 truths of how to understand scriptures!

Parables tell a central/main truth, NOT a treatise on a subject
    must interprete in context of the setting
    cannot use them as exclusive of the entire NT, which means that one does not use this story to 'proof text" that God will "unforgive" a sinner whom he already fully accepted in the beloved!