1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Simplicity of the Gospel

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Reformed, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a great question. I think Acts 16:32 indicates that the jailer probably heard the entire story of Jesus.

Acts 16:32 And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house.

Two verses later we read:

Acts 16:34 And he brought them into his house and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly, having believed in God with his whole household.

So, the jailer and those in his household heard the word from Paul and Silas. Given the fact that the resurrection is a central part of the gospel message, we can strongly infer that the jailer and his household were told about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The real Gospel has to include Jesus born of a Virgin, was God and Man, died for our sins in our place, and rose from the Dead! I would also add that it should be the Penal Substitution atonement emphasized also!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again, a post addressing and disparaging another poster. No on topic content, just deflection

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Using this verse to justify bogus views, absurd views, nonsensical views is to misrepresent the intended message. Claiming God who could do something, actually did something, without specific support in scripture is unwise.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you still blasting our Bogus theology here?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it's called holding you accountable to actually engage the arguments instead of your tantrums.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My view is the biblical view, your view is a relic of the dark ages, obviously false.

Total Spiritual Inability = false doctrine
    Limited Spiritual Ability = true doctrine 1 Corinthians 3:1-3

Unconditional Election = false doctrine
    Election for Salvation based on our faith = true doctrine 2 Thessalonians 2:13

Limited Atonement = false doctrine
    Reconciliation Available for All = true doctrine 1 John 2:2

Irresistible Grace = false doctrine
    Resistible Grace = true doctrine Matthew 23:13

Possible Loss of Salvation = false doctrine
    Once Saved, Always Saved = true doctrine. John 3:16

Each of these true doctrines must be included in preaching the gospel, and all these false doctrines must be exposed as false.

Turning over our lives to God (not my way but Your way) and accepting the persecution that comes with proclaiming the name of Jesus is a much higher bar that "believing on Jesus." Sacrificial love and devotion to Christ is much more.

8. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    What kind of argument is this?

Here is Van's argument: I call my view the biblical view therefore it is. Your view is old and from a time when people were uneducated largely so it must be false.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again, my view is mis-characterized in order to disparage. No quote is provided because the charge is fiction.

I supported my biblical view by providing specific verses that teach each of the points.

1) Why did Paul speak as to men of flesh using spiritual milk, if they could not understand spiritual milk?
    2) Why are we chosen through faith in the truth, if our election for salvation is unconditional?
    3) Why did Jesus become the propitiation or means of salvation for whole world if He only died for some of the world?
    4) How could men entering the kingdom be blocked if they were being compelled by irresistible grace?
    5) If those in Christ never perish, and have eternal life, how could they lose it?

10. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    We aren't. Simple as that. Bible doesn't say that either.
    Whole world does not mean individual people. All people groups.

What are you talking about?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again, we get "deny" and "deflect."
    1) Why did Paul speak as to men of flesh using spiritual milk, if they could not understand spiritual milk? 1 Corinthians 3:1-3
    2) Why are we chosen through faith in the truth, if our election for salvation is unconditional? 2 Thessalonians 2:13
    3) Why did Jesus become the propitiation or means of salvation for whole world if He only died for some of the world? 1 John 2:2
    4) How could men entering the kingdom be blocked if they were being compelled by irresistible grace? Matthew 23:13
    5) If those in Christ never perish, and have eternal life, how could they lose it? If you never perish, your life remains eternal. John 3:16

• Like Like x 1
  12. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    These people are already believers but they are spiritually immature. They aren't ready for the deeper things yet.

That's not what the verse says. We are not chosen because of our faith, we have faith because we are chosen.

This is mankind in general, not every individual. Here is a problem with your theology Van, if it is every individual, why do some go to Hell?

This is an illustration to say they are not preaching the truth.

I don't understand what you are even trying to say here. Please clarify.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You err greatly due to the fact that you misunderstanding that in the Fallw e all become spiritual deaf, dumb, and blind to things and ways of God, and that to Paul, 3 classes of people would be the lost, saved babes in Christ, and the mature in Christ!

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two denial and deflection posts in a row, note that introit actually addressed the questions. For example the issue is not who Paul addressed, but why he spoke as to men of flesh using spiritual milk if men of flesh could not understand spiritual milk. Deflection on display.

15. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    The verse does not say they couldn't understand spiritual milk. You are adding that in.

And it is flat false to say my response to you was nothing but denial. The only one denying or deflecting is you. I gave arguments, you won't (or can't) interact with them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Van keeps on riding into the ground his own hobby horse theology, despite both of us showing from scriptures where he errs!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Denial and deflection, thus they may know they cannot defend their bogus doctrines biblically.

1) Why did Paul speak as to men of flesh using spiritual milk, if they could not understand spiritual milk?
    1 Corinthians 3:1-3
    2) Why are we chosen through faith in the truth, if our election for salvation is unconditional?
    2 Thessalonians 2:13
    3) Why did Jesus become the propitiation or means of salvation for whole world if He only died for some of the world? 1 John 2:2
    4) How could men entering the kingdom be blocked if they were being compelled by irresistible grace? Matthew 23:13
    5) If those in Christ never perish, and have eternal life, how could they lose it? If you never perish, your life remains eternal. John 3:16

The TULI of the TULIP has once again been shown to be unbiblical, and once again the rebuttal has been to change the subject. :)

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God's basis for choosing any of us is based upon his good will and pleasure, period, and natural unsaved lost sinners cannot know the things of God, cannot discern them!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Van, I have answered every one of these arguments and you have yet to deal with them at all. Who is the one deflecting? It's not me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Directly contradicted by James 2:5, chosen as poor to the world, rich in faith, and heirs to the kingdom promised to those who love God.