1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Son of God and our sin nature … wow!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

yes, for seed has different meanings in the bible, depending upon context!

2. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

I'd like someone to prove to me that the blue is true ... or is this just a misuse of terms?

I say the Word (the Logos) existed from all eternity as the Second Person of the Triune Godhead,
    and He became "God the Son" when the Holy Spirit (i.e. God) became the "Father" of Jesus (see the OP).
    Father = Holy Spirit -----> Son = Jesus, the Son of God

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

What do you think about these scriptures?

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Jesus was seated at the right hand of the Father when he ascended to heaven, therefore was not Jesus seated at the right hand of the Father before he came to earth?

This scripture Jesus speaks about God loving him before the creation of the world.

John 17:24 "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

4. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

3)The Defense of Eternal Sonship

(Biblical Evidence Showing That Christ Was the Son of God Even Prior to Bethlehem):

a) The Bible clearly teaches that it was “the Son” who created all things, thus strongly implying that Christ was the Son of God at the time of creation (Colossians 1:13,16; Hebrews 1:2).

b) The Bible teaches that the Son has eternally existed in the bosom of the Father. John 1:18 translated literally from the Greek says this: “No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, THE ONE EVER BEING (existing) IN THE BOSOM OF THE FATHER, He hath declared Him.”

c) The many passages which speak of the Father SENDING the Son all imply that Christ existed as the Son prior to His mission (1 John 4:10,14; John 20:21; Galatians 4:4; etc.).

d) The parable of the vineyard owner (Mark 12:1-12) points to Christ as being the Son prior to His coming into the world. In the parable, the son of the vineyard owner was the son long before he was sent on his mission.

e) God gave His Son (John 3:16), implying that Christ was God's Son before He was given. God the Father did not give One who would become His Son, but He gave One who already was His Son.

f) Christ had a relationship to the Father prior to the incarnation. John 16:28 teaches that Christ came forth from the Father, strongly implying that there was a Father/Son relationship before He came into this world. John 17:5,24 also indicates that there was a Father/Son relationship in the Godhead even before the creation of the world.

g) The One who existed as the Son of God became the Son of David at the time of the incarnation (Romans 1:3-4). The incarnation is when God became a man, it is not when God became the Son. He was God's Son from all eternity.

h) Even in the Old Testament period we find evidence that God indeed had a Son, such as Proverbs 30:4 and Psalm 2:7-12 (compare also Daniel 3:25; Isaiah 9:6).

i) Melchisedec was a type of the Son of God because He was “without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life” (Hebrews 7:3). As to His humanity Christ did have a mother, a genealogy, beginning of days, an end of His life (He died!), etc. His divine Sonship, however, has nothing to do with human parents, human lineage, human birth, or time measurements. It is an eternal Sonship.

The Eternal Sonship of Christ

5. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Moriah,

It has been said by many born-again Christians, scholars, etc. that ...
    sometimes Jesus spoke as being God, and sometimes Jesus spoke as being a man.
    The trick is to discern in each passage ... which was which.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes, as long as one sees that he was BOTH, God/man 2 natures in one being!

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is truine, Godhead, 3 divine persons, one in nature/essense!

each seperate and distinct, but each one God, ONE God, in 3 persons...

8. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are right its called a Hypostatic Union. And it argues against the Monophysites.

9. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The proper term is Trinity.

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

11. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
    Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
    Rev 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. 4 and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. 5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron:

Col 1:18 who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; Isa 66:7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child. 8 Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? Psalms 139:15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, [and] curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect;

Psalms 139:16 And in thy book all [my members] were written, [which] in continuance were fashioned, when [as yet there was] none of them. {Written in the book of life} Gal :26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. 1 Cor 12;15 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body 27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Matt 16:18 I will build my church; and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. {Her} Isa 66:8 Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day?
    shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Romans 16:20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you. Amen.

Chapter 15 of 1 Corinthians being about the resurrection, is the last Adam V45 Jesus the Christ by resurrection, the beginning, the firstborn from the dead the new creation of spiritual man in whose image we will be conformed?

Is the Word made flesh, forever after the resurrection a made alive (quickened) spiritual resurrected man or did he change back into the Word? When conformed to his images will we brothers of the Son or not?

#51 percho, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
  12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God the Son became a Human, jesus, and God became Humna flesh/form...

When he died, was raised up in same human body as born in, but now gloroed, forever the God/man!

13. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

IMO, Jesus was speaking in His "fully man" nature ...
    -- when He was praying to Father God all the time
    -- when He was complaining (temporarily) about having to be crucified
    etc.

IMO, Jesus was speaking in His "fully God" nature ...
    -- when He was expounding on deep spiritual truths
    -- when He was prophesying
    etc.

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just as long as you hold that he was/is BOTH the natures of God/man in one being, not just switching to being God, then being man etc!