1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Sons of God..........

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO, Mar 14, 2007.

1. ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO

ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO New Member

:wavey: Hey.....I need information on this topic of: "The Sons of God" The Bible refers to "The Sons of God": in Gensis 6:1-4........(especially in verse 4 of Gensis 6.) I believe alot of you are very educated ....would appreciate your help:1_grouphug: Thank you so much.....:smilewinkgrin: rosamaria....

2. Rex77

Rex77 Member

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I believe they are a righteous group of people, either from the line of Seth or from another geneology line from his who fell into sin. Sort of the "pre Israel" of the day, as the sons of God today are believers. There is no distinction between righteous NT or righteous OT.

As TinyTim pointed out on the thread I started, the extra biblical book of Jasher (referred to both in Joshua 10:13 and 2 Samuel 1:18) seems to agree with the above distinction.

Jasher 4:16-19
    And all the sons of men departed from the ways of the Lord in those days as they multiplied upon the face of the earth with sons and daughters, and they taught one another their evil practices and they continued sinning against the Lord.

And every man made unto himself a god, and they robbed and plundered every man his neighbor as well as his relative, and they corrupted the earth, and the earth was filled with violence.

And their judges and rulers went to the daughters of men and took their wives by force from their husbands according to their choice, and the sons of men in those days took from the cattle of the earth, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and taught the mixture of animals of one species with the other, in order therewith to provoke the Lord; and God saw the whole earth and it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its ways upon earth, all men and all animals.

And the Lord said, I will blot out man that I created from the face of the earth, yea from man to the birds of the air, together with cattle and beasts that are in the field for I repent that I made them.

This seems to parallel the account in Genesis perfectly. I believe the bolded is the main reason for God's wrath against mankind in those days.
    Even though Jasher is not Scripture, I believe it to be useful as a history source. Also notice how they are referred to here as "sons of men". Jesus used both phrases Son of God and Son of Man in describing Himself.

#3 webdog, Mar 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2007