1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The soul is NOT the Body - Mt. 10:28

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You still have not explained what a spirit is.

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have explain it completely and fully to anyone who is capable of spiritual discernment. I guess that pretty well charactizes your problem doesn't it. You are not capable of spiritual discernment (1 Cor. 2:14).

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Explain HOW the spirit "communes" with God or demons.

You say the spirit is not the part that thinks and speaks! So again, explain how the spirit communes. If you are so spiritually discerned, then explain.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1 Corinthians 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

What do you think was happening here in the Church at Corinth? What was the situation that Paul was addressing?

5. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The people speaking, they spoke with words. Biblicist said our spirit is NOT the part that can speak.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1 Corinthians 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

"no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed"

If you are reading this post you are reading "Jesus is accursed." He isn't. But there are the words. You have "said" them in your mind. Did you say them "by your spirit"? By another spirit? By the Holy Spirit? By what Spirit? You did say them because you read this post. So what was Paul talking about?

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Where do you get that if someone reads that post they are reading, "Jesus is accursed?" I read, "No man speaking by the Spriit of God calleth Jesus accursed."

In addition, Biblicist said the part that thinks and speaks is NOT the spirit of a man; he said it is the soul.
    If the spirit cannot think and speak, then how does it commune with God or with demons, as the Biblicist said the spirit of a man does?

#27 Moriah, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
  8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Look, I am not speaking to Biblicist, I am speaking to you. Nevermind him for the moment. Paul wrote: "No man speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed." Obviously there was a problem in Corinth. There were some that were calling Christ accursed by another spirit. Something was happening to cause Paul to write that. He didn't write it for the good of his health. Who was saying "Christ is accursed," and how or by what means?

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Paul was explaining that if someone says Jesus is accursed, then that person does not have the Spirit of God in them, or they are not speaking the Truth of God.

10. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If you read what I said carefully, I said that the body is the physical vehicle of expression for the soul. That is, the mind, emotions and will find expression through the body.

I also said that the soul provides the vehicle of expression of the human spirit. The spirit find expression in the mind, emotions and will.

The human spirit is the vehicle of expression for the spirit world. If you are lost, then demonic spirits can express themselves to your soul through the human spirit. If you are saved the Holy Spirit expresses himself to your soul through the human spirit.

I gave an example of direct revelation. Knowledge that does not come from mental work, study, or reasoning. It is not derived from the soul of man. It comes from the spiritual world through the medium of your human spirit. Just as those who worship God must worship God "in spirit" = in the sphere of the human spirit because that is where the Holy Spirit resides within the born again man and that is where UNION between God and man exists as it is a SPIRITUAL union not a mental or emotional or volitional union but a SPIRITUAL union. It is not a SOULISH union but a SPIRITUAL union. It is not a PHYSICAL union but a SPIRITUAL union. The human spirit is the medium between the spirit world and the soul of man just as the body is the medium between the soul of man and this world.

We were created three dimensional so that we can communue with OURSELVES, with the OUTER world and with the SPIRITUAL world and thus we have a plurality of lives - soul life, spiritual life and physical life.

#30 The Biblicist, Feb 29, 2012
  11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No he wasn't. Because if he was you just said (typed) "Jesus is accursed" and therefore you don't have the Spirit of God in you. Is that what you are admitting? Anyone can say those words. You just did. So he was saying something more than that. Think about it. Read the text carefully.

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I am reading carefully.
    The body is the physical vehicle to live on an earthy world.
    The mind, emotions, and will do not always have to find expression through the body.
    What is the soul expressing from the human spirit, according to your beliefs? You said the spirit does not have a mind or emotions, again, and then what is it expressing?
    What is the spirit expressing to the mind and emotions and will? If the spirit does not think, have emotions, or have a will, then what and why is it expressing?
    Now you say the human spirit is the vehicle of expression for the spirit world. How is it a vehicle to the spirit world if it cannot think, or speak?
    A person still has to think in order to acknowledge the revelation. You said the spirit does not think.

It is still not clear what you are saying. You still say nothing in describing what a man’s spirit is. You describe it as non-thinking, non-feeling, invisible, above the mind, but you say it is what communes.
    So, you are ultimately saying that we must worship God in mindlessness and without emotions.
    The Bible says God’s Spirit lives in our heart.
    I disagree with you.
    It is about the soul and the spirit.
    Jesus is in my physical body.

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

That is a confused mess what you speak.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am not the one confused. I just explained the Scripture. Because you can't understand the Scripture you are confused. Read the verse again. What does it mean?

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Because I read a scripture, that does not mean I say Jesus is accursed. That is too strange and wrong of thinking to contemplate. Let us move along…

16. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: This is nothing short of a bunch of philosophical gooblygock, without the least shred of clear evidence from Scripture or reason. I suppose you hammered this out on your own anvil reading the Bible alone.:rolleyes:

#36 Heavenly Pilgrim, Feb 29, 2012
  17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, let's not move along until you explain that verse. You not only read the verse you typed those words "Jesus is accursed." Now what is wrong with you? By your own admission you have said those words not according to the Holy Spirit. So what is happening to you? Have you fallen from grace? What does the verse mean?

18. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Thank You, Father, for my brother HP.

19. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I have already answered the question, see #29.

20. Moriah

Moriah New Member

DHK,

Nowhere at no time have I ever said what you said I said.

You do not show to have sound doctrine. There is no logic in the slander you try to put on me when I read scripture.