1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The South and Border States in 2008

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Aug 13, 2007.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Someone asked a question the other day about the election. After thinking about it, I have no idea of the answer. If Giuliani (or another liberal Republican ie McCain, Romney) runs against Clinton (any Democrat, they are all liberal), who will carrry the South and border states? The Democrat, Republican, or will they split the South and Border states?

2. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

That is a good question Giuliani or Clinton. Two Yankees running for office, both with gender identity issues, which would the South vote for....hmmm. Too close to call.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Senator Clinton will carry Arkansas. Her husband carried the state easily twice, Arkansas is the most Democrat state in the South, and Arkansas is the most liberal state(not counting cultural issues) in the South.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I am at a total loss to predict who will carry my state. The thing that bothers me is Clinton does have some connection to the South. That along with the regions basic distrust of politicians from NY or Mass, she could possibly.

Florida is the only state in the region I would consider not part of the cultural south.