1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The South

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by UnchartedSpirit, Aug 29, 2007.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

Being tired of all the basing of the States that sit to the right of Texas, could you all give me a list of all the upsides that part of the country has to offer? I'd still probably have no desire to visit save for a long-lost relative's sake (which occurs more frequently in my family than normal); but at least I wouln't feel so down after reading this article's topic & comments about the southern states. And I don't want to hear about the rituals (like rodeo or something), bars, or food recipies; that's all been done before. What's in the culture that a North Californian like me would love (I already know about the bluegrass/jazz music)?

2. Cutter

Cutter New Member

The climates nice for the most part. People are willing to help and things are not as rushed. The people of the south have manners and were raised to respect their elders. Unfortunately with the influx of people from other parts of the United States and with the influence of society by the media, I believe the south is losing more of it's charm and appeal little by little as time goes by. People of the south seem like the only remaining group of people left on the earth that can still laugh at themselves. No wonder Jeff Foxworthy is so popular.
    Of course I've lived here all my life so my opinions are biased, but I still believe them to be true.

#2 Cutter, Aug 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2007
  3. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Top seven reasons to live in the South --

7. The cost of living is typically lower
    6. The weather is better than most places
    5. People really are friendlier
    4. Common courtesies are still common
    3. Christian values tend to be the norm
    2. Depending on the area, there are a lot of job opportunities
    1. Southern women are beautiful

Top seven reasons to visit the South ---

7. North Georgia & North Carolina mountains - especially in the fall
    6. Florida beaches
    5. South Carolina Low Country
    4. Disney World (much better than Disney Land in CA)
    3. St. Simon's Island on the Georgia Coast
    2. Jazz in New Orleans
    1. Southern women are beautiful