1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Sovereignty of God in the life of Joseph

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Martin Marprelate, Jul 4, 2021.

1. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do read, but you apparently just react without reading because you would see what I am reacting to if you read your own words and saw that you do not believe God is Sovereign.

2. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “God sovereignly decreed that man should be free to exercise moral choice, and man from the beginning has fulfilled that decree by making his choice between good and evil. When he chooses to do evil, he does not thereby countervail the sovereign will of God but fulfills it, inasmuch as the eternal decree decided not which choice the man should make but that he should be free to make it. If in His absolute freedom God has willed to give man limited freedom, who is there to stay His hand or say, ‘What doest thou?’ Man’s will is free because God is sovereign. A God less than sovereign could not bestow moral freedom upon His creatures. He would be afraid to do so.”

A.W. Tozer, The Knowledge of the Holy: The Attributes of God

Some believe that for God to be considered “sovereign” then men cannot have a free or autonomous will. But this view presumes that God, the infinite and omnipotent One, is somehow incapable of maintaining sovereignty over genuinely free creatures; thus this view, while attempting to defend those very attributes of God, seem to actually undermine them.

Should sovereignty be interpreted and understood as the necessity of Gods’ absolute meticulous control in order to ensure His plan is accomplished? Or should we understand it as God’s infinite and mysterious ways of accomplishing His purposes, through and despite the free and sinful choices of His creation? Must God not only be in control over the choices of those who oppose Him but also control all the choices of those that oppose Him? Or is God able to overcome and work through the free sinful choices of His creation to accomplish the completion of His plan?

I am appalled at a soteriological view that would require our loving God and creator to condemn untold billions of souls to an eternity in hell for no other reason than He chose to do so. Remember you are the one that says only the elect before creation will be saved which means that everyone else is damned. You may try to soften the reality of this but the truth is there to see if you open your eyes.

Austin I am absolutely astounded at the cognitive dissonance that you display. You willingly throw the character of God under the bus while upholding your Gnostic philosophy. Just do a bit of research into the foundation of your view. Try to be honest with yourself.

I truly believe that many Calvinists are saved but this is in spite of not because of their soteriological view.

3. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Austin how does not controlling equate to not knowing? That idea only works in your errant theology. You need your God to control all your thoughts and movements. That is really sad. I would say to question what you believe but you can not do that as all your thoughts are decided for you.

4. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ecclesiastes 7:13 Consider the work of God: who can make straight what he has made crooked?

I have shared many passages showing you that God directs all things. There is no rogue molecule.

God is in control. The universe is in his hands. You have exchanged the Creator for a god made in your image.

5. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you finally get over your closed mindedness and let the truth of the bible thru then perhaps you will being to let go of your twisted view of God. You have put your god in a box of your making.

As I said I pray that the God of scripture will open your closed eyes to the truth.

6. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible is very clear. I have shown you multiple passages in this thread. God is the God over everything with no rogue molecule that is beyond his control.
    When you get over your hatred of God as the absolute ruler over all things and let the truth of the Bible through, then you will glorify the God who is Creator. As it is, you have done as Aaron on mount Sinai. You have created God in your image of him. Your god is weak as you declare he doesn't know all things, is less than all powerful and is incapacitated by the will of men.
    Silverhair, the road is narrow that leads to God and few there are that find it.
    Read your Bible and repent of your idolatry in creating a god made in your image where you rule over him.
    Pray that the God of Mount Sinai will be gracious to you as you ignorantly create your golden calf and call that image, YHWH.

7. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Austin I do not like to say these things but you are not only foolish but it obvious that you can not or will not read what is right in front of you.

The real truth is that you are stuck in your false teachings of divine determinism but you are unable or unwilling to admit that. You say that God is the absolute ruler and I agree, but then because of your fixation on determinism and LBCF you have to add but not really because He can't allow for man to have a free will. Do you not see how foolish that is. God being the absolute ruler can do anything that He wants so who are you to tell Him He can not. That is the height of arrogance.
    You have created your own version of God and it is not the one found in scripture None is so blind as those that will not see are so deaf as those that will not hear.

You refuse to see what the bible says if it does not agree with your view. As a calvinist you are miss read text miss quote text add or remove words from scripture all to make them fit your derteminism. You are lost as a ball in tall grass and you don't even know it.

I pray that God will open your eyes to the truth of scripture and reveal the error of the LBCF and calvinism.

8. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Silverhair, you are speaking from your flesh as the Spirit of God does not speak for you. You deny the Sovereignty of God when you declare that there are rogue molecules that God is unaware of and not in control of. You have been shown scripture passage after scripture passage, but you will not bow the knee to a fully Sovereign King and thus demand your autonomy, making yourself your own god. Until you repent, you will be acting like Jeroboam who built the calf where Israel would worship rather than go to Jerusalem where the temple of God resided. This matter is between you and God as you have rejected the very word of God regarding His Sovereignty. While you deny this and claim to hold to his sovereignty, your theology shows us you will not submit all to God and believe He is ruler over all. Read you Bible and stop fighting for control. You will miss out on God's blessings as you continue to deny His power and authority.
    This is my last response to you in this thread. I place you in God's hand who will lovingly correct your heart or give you over to your own philosophy.