1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The sovereignty of God or mystical quietism?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, May 6, 2012.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Recently someone told me to let go and let God do the work. I appreciated his intentions with his advice, however I think he was teaching quietism which is (unless I confused it with Pietism) the teachings from mysticism which says to let go and let God. I said in response that God wants me to do my part and have responsibility, and He will do His part. I cannot let go and let God because thats a unbiblical teaching from mysticism. What do you say?

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

There is a time for both.

Sometimes taking the initative is what is called for. Other times the thing to do is "let go and let God".

A time of uncluttered, prayerfull contemplation can indeed be very VERY profitable. There is nothing at all unchristian or unscripturual regarding Godly quiet contemplation.

Praise the Lord! :jesus:

#2 Alive in Christ, May 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012