1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The spirit of MAN!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Yelsew2, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Yelsew2

Yelsew2 New Member

Me2 wants to talk about man. So we now have a topic just for that purpose. So Me2, this is the place for that discussion, not the "Total Depravity" topic.

Brought here from the "total depravity" topic.
    if we were born with the right spirit. the entire plan of God would be moot.
    unfortunately we are born with a cursed carnal spirit. one that must face the righteousness of God and be destroyed.

1Jo 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
    1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
    1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

there are two spirits in this world. If not, there wouldnt be a difference of opinion here.

we were born with the wrong one in our flesh that is opposed to Christ. the spirit that belong to this world that is subject to the god of this world.

the dead spirit that is satans subject. the antichrist spirit.

this is the main reason man is physically born totally depraved.

try the spirits cause theres two of um yelsew2</font>[/QUOTE]First, Me2, We need to ask other believers if they are convinced by your insistence that man's spirit is replaceable, meaning the human spirit which is the life of the flesh when one is born and throughout one's life can be removed from the flesh it quickens without killing the flesh, only to be replaced by the spirit of Christ which revives the dead flesh.

2. Me2

Me2 New Member

Yelsew2,

1.) Do you agree or disagree that it is the spirit of Jesus Christ that is the only righteous spirit that has resurrected from spiritual death?

2.) Has God the Creator resurrected your spirit in your name from spiritual death?.

(Concluding that your works were also righteous and didnt deserve death. also denoting your power to save yourself by your actions)

3.) what proof do you hold today that you are righteous and do not deserve death?

Me2

3. Yelsew2

Yelsew2 New Member

Irrelevant questions Me2!

The topic is MAN! Stick to the topic if you have enough knowledge of it!

Explain to us exactly what makes man live!

Tell us what it is that allows an unbeliever to live life into his/her 80's and 90's!

If you cannot do that, then you have no understanding of man and you are just jabbering to have something to do!

Tell us about the natural things that you do know of man so that we can have an understanding of the spiritual things you claim to know of man. Stop being a Nicodemus as in his conversation with Jesus. If you know the natural, then perhaps you can understand the spiritual!

4. humbleherc

humbleherc Guest

Yelsew i wonder do you understand the spiritual yourself.I don't know you do.For one you must be born of the spiritual life to understand any thing.I see a lot of carnal Armanian in you.It's poison to the mind .Yea you can have faith and save maybe half way save your self in this life.But Man don't do anything to earn eternal life not one thing.Zero, Nothing, zilch, blank, not,no,nothing.If you get to heaven Yelsew it won't be ,but one way,by the love and Mercy of an Almighty God.

5. Me2

Me2 New Member

Yelsew,

Man is not cursed because he did something wrong in his physical body. He sinned in spirit towards God which brought consequences to his body and soul afterwards.

what is being formed by God is mans soul. his body is temporary and his spirit is predestined to be exchanged with that of his son, Jesus Christ. that we know after-the-fact.

what is God acheiving. Jesus Christ resurrected Glorified Body is to become every mans new body.
    Jesus christ Resurrected Spirit is being exchanged with every mans cursed carnal spirit.
    Jesus christ Soul has been ransomed for yours. He is no longer an individual person. he has been incorporated into every man, woman, and child.."in Christ" something he chose to sacrifice for you and me. himself as an individual person.

your soul is incorporating his attitude, nature and memories of experienced truths.

why do you think the constant references to follow jesus into death. for it is there that we are joined to his spirit soul and body. Yet we must be willing to step into the unknown and risk losing what we have today.

did you ever wonder about a righteous man dying on the cross. what did he have to Gain or lose? He lost his life. yet He gained an entire creation of brothers and sisters forever joined to himself.

we do not have within us the power to change what has been broken from adams fall Yelsew. Gods perfect creation has gained a flaw that cannot be fixed or repaired. his perfection can only be destroyed and replaced with another perfect work.

our spirit gained a flaw forever changing its ability to exist in the presence of a perfect God.
    Our old spirit can only be destroyed. And destroyed it will be once God introduces his righteous law to. for that is the Job of the Law. to kill our carnal nature. yet we also have the law of the firstborn. that allows a substitute to ransom our souls from death. for death is where we will go and there to stay unless God himself rescues us.

and he does just that. He introduces the law to us. It kills our old spirit. we enter into spirtual death and our father infuses us with Jesus Christ life. his body, soul and spirit. and we become one with him.

oh yea, by the way. being joined to jesus allows us to exit death and return to our father to be with him perfectly forever.

Mans old spirit must be destroyed Yelsew. Its cursed.its destiny is your lake of fire. its destruction.

Me2

6. Yelsew2

Yelsew2 New Member

I am not Arminian...Period! Neither am I Calvinist! Neither am I Pauline! I AM CHRISTIAN!

Jesus, speaking to Nicodemus, said to him, "you are a teacher in the land and do not know these things? How then can you understand what I give to you?

So, Me2, if you do not understand natural man, how can you ever understand spiritual man?

The things you post appear to be very confused and not in either the natural realm or in the spirit realm. That is why you are very difficult to converse with.

7. Yelsew2

Yelsew2 New Member

Stick to the topic Me2, we are discussing man, and not heavenly spirituality.

8. humbleherc

humbleherc Guest

Yelsew i am no calvinist either,in fact you want never hear me call myself a Christain.I am a Hardshell primitive Baptist.Meaning I believe man means of salvation is strickly by Gods spirit alone.Through the direct operation of the Holy spirit is man imparted any thing and it's not of Him self.It's strickly by the love and mercy of an Almighty God.

UOTE]Originally posted by Yelsew2:
    I am not Arminian...Period! Neither am I Calvinist! Neither am I Pauline! I AM CHRISTIAN!

Jesus, speaking to Nicodemus, said to him, "you are a teacher in the land and do not know these things? How then can you understand what I give to you?

So, Me2, if you do not understand natural man, how can you ever understand spiritual man?

The things you post appear to be very confused and not in either the natural realm or in the spirit realm. That is why you are very difficult to converse with.
    [/QUOTE]

9. Me2

Me2 New Member

1Co 1:20 Where [is] the wise? where [is] the scribe? where [is] the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

The foolishness of the Preaching of the cross is that true disciples of Christ must follow Christ into death and judgement.

If we refuse and turn back. We are witnessing to everyone that we are not worthy to receive this spirit.

Today, It is foolishness to oneself to believe Christ personal sacrifice prevents the occurance of our old carnal spirits death and judgement.

Christ did not prevent this death and judgement.
    We all must meet him in death and afterwards. The judgement.

Therefore those who do not fear God and do not humble themselves before him does not show their dependence on him as their sovereign God.

Heb 11:6 But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

One distinct thing among true believers that I have noticed.

Their dependence on God for every morsel of truth. Even when he invites us to die and be judged before him. We know we are going to die. Yet we must trust in him to do right.

After all We are sacrificing our life to him to use as he desires. Even if we die to our way of life as we know it. many rich (prideful) cannot forsake their treasures of this life.

Being “born again” is the foolishness of entering into death. Trusting God that he will replace our carnal spirit with the righteous spirit of Jesus Christ.

It is being born again from the dead into life.

If anyone can not witness to this operation. then the preaching of the cross is truly foolishness to them.

Me2

10. Yelsew2

Yelsew2 New Member

You are still NOT ON TOPIC!

11. Me2

Me2 New Member

Yelsew2,

No ones flesh is revived by the replacement of their old spirit with the spirit of Christ.

Everyone still dies physically.

yet how do you explain people living today claiming that they have the spirit of christ within them?

maybe its Because their old spirits been actually replaced and their still physically alive. Hhmm??

Me2

12. Yelsew2

Yelsew2 New Member

No ones flesh is revived by the replacement of their old spirit with the spirit of Christ.

Everyone still dies physically.

yet how do you explain people living today claiming that they have the spirit of christ within them?

maybe its Because their old spirits been actually replaced and their still physically alive. Hhmm??

Me2
    </font>[/QUOTE]
    Which definition of spirit are you using?