1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The star of David is the star of Remphan

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Martin Luther, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And????????????

3. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The guy seems to be an extreemist and doesn't like differing opinions other than his own. He has a website that list conspiracies. And seems to be better suited to Coast to Coast Am with George Noory.

4. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

Acts 7:42-43

42Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of forty years in the wilderness?

43Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.

There is much more on this subject. Moloch is alive and well, it seems many ignorant Christians like to display his image. There is nothing godly about the six pointed star.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Ah yes!

Never saw a conspiracy he didn't like! :rolleyes:

Granted, I had to use both hands on which to count, but wouldn't the six pointed star be 666666 as opposed to 666? I don't recall any Biblical significance to 666666, unless it is in the Book of I Hogwash or II Calamity, or something like those.

What is really sad here, is that this overall site (not the particular page) is actually right on a couple of issues, but to recommend it would be akin to recommending someone drink Jim Jones' 'kool-aid' for a drink, because it had now been fortified with some vitamins, in order to get the vitamins. :tear:

Ed

#5 EdSutton, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
  6. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Moloch is not alive. Jews don't worship Moloch, Christians don't worship Molec. The Cross is a symbol of execution does that mean Christians worship Hades (the God of the dead)? Or a fish represents Posidon. Does our fish symbol mean we worship him? We all live on the same planet so it stands to reason there would be cross over symbols that mean something entirely different to the group using it. That can't be taken seriously. Is this Texe guy an anti-semetic? Is he an arian supremisist? Does he hope for Anarchy? Does he were combat boots with red laces? I don't know. Do you?

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Wonder what this would be?

Could this also be considered a "cult symbol" of a different kind of cult? It is directly copied from a "linked" site at the above "linked" location.
    How about this one??
    Or any one of several others?

I never have thought I would ever be saying this, but I suggest that Mr. Texe Marrs and Mr. David J. Stewart have to be two of the only individuals I've ever seen, that could make Pastor Steven Anderson also lovingly known as "spamderson" on the BB and Dr. Peter J. Ruckman almost look like Dale Carnegie and Fred Rogers, by comparison.

Ed

8. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

Let me shout this from the roof tops, I am not KJV only! I certainly do not agree with everything Texe Marrs believes but he does get some things right.

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I did not look at the link posted but I want to add a comment.

There is no biblical support I know of for the Star of David, and I am not sure how it came about. However, a 6 pointed star is used in the occult and is called the Seal of Solomon. It is used mainly in ritual magick. I do not think it has anything to do with 666.

I am not saying the Star of David comes from this - I really don't know the connection.

Also, I am not into conspiracy theories.

10. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This is an answer from a rabbi about the Star of David, who admits no one knows for sure the origins but he gives different theories:
    http://judaism.about.com/od/prayersworshiprituals/f/stardavid.htm

He also relates it to the Kabbalah, which is Gnostic and occultic and not biblical but is a part of some Orthodox Judaism:

11. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

Moloch is a demon, if you called him he may come to you. I can assure you he is real and alive. The Jews are a religious people who have rejected Messiah, they are not Israelites. Their holy book is the Talmud in which they claim that Christ is being boiled in human excrement. The Freemasons and the Jews both worship Moloch, Google the Bohemian grove, most of the leadership in the US is a part of this satanic cult. They see Israel as belonging to them. They will force a type of bible fulfillment in that they (the Christ rejecters) will not only gain Israel but will rule the earth, at least for seven years. The worst part is most Christians are fighting these wars for them! To wave the Star of David is akin to waving the flag of the antichrist.

12. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

13. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have to be kidding. If there really is a demon named Moloch he has no authority over me since I'm in Christ. The Talmud is writen oral Tradition that occured long after Christ rose from the dead and Christianity was established. Freemasons are an offshoot of a midieval stone masons guild that used handshakes to show membership and exclude non guild masons. Obvious this organization got ridiculous over the years and now has become a secret society with all sorts of strange ideas. The leadership in America are not part of some satanic cult. They are selfish and self-serving but not Satanic. Unless, like most people in this culture their self service is satanic but no different or special society. They're too incompetant to really hold a secret.

A quick view of Job shows demon submission to God. Satan could do nothing with out God's permission. And the Star of David has nothing to do with Anti-Christ which only means another Christ in its original Greek.

I'm facinated that people actually think this. Space Aliens are in cooperation with Satan and will take over the earth in 2012 when the Mayan calander comes to an end. I'm looking for Noory.

14. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I didn't make any previous comment about you, personally, I do not believe, and I also believe I made some comment about getting some things right on the cited site, as well. FTR, I didn't actually comment on what Texe Marrs believes, just on the 'attitude' of what is presented, I think.

I would offer that I believe the site somewhat misrepresents the position of the late Dr. M. R. DeHaan, however, in that cited quote, having been familiar with the late Dr. DeHaan for more than 40 years, whom I used to hear regularly and I possess several of his books, and I'm also fairly sure another individual, who shall remain nameless, and whom is cited on that site, would be in less than total agreement with some of the basic positions of that site, considering I have known him for a little over 40 years, and he and I were students at the same time in Bible College, although I was two years behind him.

I actually have no idea of where you stand on your preference for any English version, nor do I particularly care. After all, did you not already translate the Bible into the German language when you were but a mere lad, compared to the age you undoubtedly must have now attained in 2009? I have never before had the privilege of conversing with anyone who is already over 500 years old, however, although I do sometimes interact with Rippon who himself has to already be at least 250. :smilewinkgrin:

Ed

15. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Personally, I am amazed to run into so many individuals who claim to know a great deal about darkness, but don't appear to know a great deal about light. To me, that just seems :tear:

Ed

16. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I agree with you. Remember a Mike Wornkey (spelling?)

17. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

My expertise is the occult and New Age - I am recognized for it by several ministries and by others, and am asked on radio shows often. I say this to give my credentials. And I always tell people, when asked, not to read Texe Marrs and to throw books they may have by him away.

18. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

He gives no references or support for what he says.

Most people do not know the origins of most symbols. Symbols change over time and among various cultures. The pentagram, now used in Wicca, used to represent the 5 wounds of Christ (however, I do not suggest wearing a pentagram because now it represents Wicca).

A 6 pointed star is a geometric symbol; it is not evil in and of itself. It depends on what it is representing. God is the one who gave shape to creation so geometric shapes are merely geometric shapes.

There is no proof that the Star of David is evil when it represents Judaism.

19. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Doesn't the pentagram also represent five elements (greeks only believed in 4)? Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Wood? Also, I find a strange correlation between Ninja Hand symbols of power meditation and the same hand symbols used in wiccan spell symbols. Which makes me think that Wiccans are not from the Celtic background they claim but an amalgamation of some Celtic consepts (magic, earth power etc..) and eastern mysticism with roots in hinduism. Probably thown in some Druidism thats more popular in the UK. And a few who bought into Alistar Crowleys nonsence ( he's a pitiful figure). Do any buy into Lovecrafts Necronomicon? I think Someone took his Ideas and wrote the book. hmmm.

20. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Yep! Mike Warnke was located in my neck of the woods, for a while. This was where the "roof fell in" on him, so to speak.

15 years before that, it was someone who was known as John Todd. Do you remember him?? He was exposed (believe me, no pun intended, if you have heard some of this story) as a fraud, was involved in gross immorality, and is now a guest? at a maximum security prison for "high-risk" types.

There have been many others, who were also unfortunately far less than stellar in testimony and conduct, :tear: even though all were not necessarily alleged to be into any Satanic practices. Off the top of my head, for an easy dozen or so, I can think of ...

Rather, I think I'll just shut up, rather than draw the attention of 'google' with any names.

Ed