1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Story

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Marcia, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I just read about this. Zondervan has a new version of the Bible called The Story. It is a TNIV translation and is 464 pages long.

You can read the above description at Amazon.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Here is an excerpt from an article on it:

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Marcia, I thought the TNIV was bogus from Day One. Thanx for passing on this info!

Seems "The Story" ranks w/"The Message" in validity....ZERO!

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Story: ...Including maps of Israel designed to resemble maps of Middle-earth in "The Hobbit."

I can’t find The Shire....I can’t find Mordor...I can’t find Gondor....all I see are Sodom and Gomorrha.

But I *know* that God provided the gospel to Middle Earth::

955 A.D. Anglo-Saxon Gospel: “God lufode **middan-eard** swa', daet he sealde his 'an-cennedan sunu, daet nan ne forweorde de on hine gelyfp, ac haebbe dact 'ece lif.”

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Posted on back cover of The Story:
    There is no mention of sin.

Here is my question: Is it okay to do this to get young people to read, or is it dishonest?

Do you like or dislike the above description, written to get younger people to read the bible?

6. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't really like it. Why not give them the whole Bible? Even the geneology has a purpose. It may be boring to read but it was important to the writers.

If there is no mention of sin then how can one understand the cross?

I wouldn't have a problem if they gave the whole Bible and then spiced it up with teen devotions and decorated maps, etc. If that's their deal that's cool. I just can't understand why they would publish a Bible that wasn't the whole story.