1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Temple Balustrade and Salvation

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by rockytopva, Aug 7, 2020.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Temple Balustrade Inscription....

No stranger is to enter within the balustrade round the temple and enclosure.
    Whoever is caught will be himself responsible for his ensuing death.

I believe the Entrance Gate in King Herod's time was known as the Gate of Nicanor. I believe the decorative gate Balustrade was built on the outside of the Gate of Nicanor to include the court of woman.

The Temple Balustrade Inscription highlighted the significance of Israelis in relationship to the things of God. Non-Israelis, or Gentiles, even Roman Citizens were forbidden to enter the Balustrade on penalty of death. And Paul made reference to the importance of having this entrance way made available to Gentiles.

But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us - Ephesians 2:13-14

From the devotionals of William Seymour...

1. The Entrance Gate- Justification - Faith to enter in.
    2. The Altar - Salvation- if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. - Roman's 10:9 - Christ is our sacrifice!
    3. The Laver - The clean effects of sanctification.
    4. Table of Showbread – Daily into the word of God
    5. Light at the Lightstand - Faith, hope, charity, joy, grace, love, warmth, etc. With sanctification came a sweet spirit!
    6. The Golden Incense Alter - Prayer and Praise meetings.
    7. The Holy of Holies - The Shekinah Glory and Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

[​IMG]
    A full salvation is something, I believe, to be worked out...

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Philippians 2:12

How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; - Hebrews 2:3

I am still learning and studying this... Any help here is appreciated!

#1 rockytopva, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  2. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jesus's entrance into the temple...
    [​IMG]

Along with miracles such as healing the blind and the lame. In which prompted the religious leaders to ask...

And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the son of David; they were sore displeased. - Matthew 21:15
    And when he was come into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto him as he was teaching, and said, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority? - Matthew 21:23

Another words... Who is this guy? Who does he think he is?

3. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    King Herod built so much architecture that this could end up a lifelong study.

And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here! And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. - Mark 13:1-2

And the Temple Balustrade Inscription Tablet may be all that is left of the old ancient temple. “It is remarkable that this stone that… comes from the ancient Jewish Temple hasn’t been carried away far from from its original location,” Charles Simon Clermont-Ganneau wrote about his 1871 discovery.

4. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Topics as, "Have you made Christ your sanctuary?" will be something I will be meditating on this week. I am in Liberty University country as that is where most Christians in these parts go for a Christian college. I am most disappointment in Jerry Falwell Jr, as there appears very little spiritually in that heart of his.

5. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    OP with very helpful diagram with explanation.
    Thank you.