1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The three questions of Paul

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Jul 31, 2012.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrews 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
    Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Through sufferings he learned and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Galatians 3:1 YLT O thoughtless Galatians, who did bewitch you, not to obey the truth -- before whose eyes Jesus Christ was described before among you crucified?

It had been described to them the sufferings of Jesus and his learning obedience all the way unto death on the cross.

So Paul asked them in the next verse; Was it not by hearing of faith, Jesus learning through sufferings and becoming even obedient unto the death of the cross, crucified verse 1, by which you received the Spirit or did you receive the Spirit because of your works of the law?

Which brings the next question from Paul. Galatians YLT so thoughtless are ye! having begun in the Spirit, now in the flesh do ye end?

Begun in the Spirit. Having received the Spirit because Jesus learned through suffering and became obedient unto death even the death of the Cross, the faith of Christ; Now you want to go out on your own rather than like I said of myself: Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

2. A Faithful Sidekick

A Faithful Sidekick New Member

There is a "trick question" I like to ask folks who struggle with this as I did:

TRUE OR FALSE: Our salvation is based upon perfect obedience to the Ten Commandments.

Answer: True.

His death would have been ineffectual for us if Jesus had sinned, even once, in thought word or deed. It was His perfect obedience to the Ten Commandments that made His crucifixion effective for paying our sin-debt. Only a spotless Lamb could take away the sins of the world!