1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The top 10 NASCAR Driver Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Ben W, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

10. Winning a race, then getting passed on the way home by some dork in a Hyundai.
    9. You're eight laps down, and the only advice your pit crew comes across with is "Go faster."
    8. Kids in the back keep asking, "Are we at Lap 236 yet?"
    7. Right in the middle of the race, your N'Sync tape gets chewed up.
    6. You're doing 200, and Letterman still passes you.
    5. After a fill-up, your pit crew doesn't give you a free NFL drinking glass.
    4. Guys who think they have a lot in common with you because they once did 70 on the Interstate.
    3. I won the Winston Cup, but did they send me any free smokes? Heck no.
    2. Tell crew chief you need to use the restroom, and he says, "Well, you should have thought of that before you left the house, mister."
    1. Guys who drive only 160 in the left-hand lane.

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

3. Convicted by the Spirit

I could only think of 5 ...

5. The cussing and swearing.
    4. The fighting like its men's soap opera hour
    3. someone who gets out a car and throws back a nice cold mountain dew ... just dew it!
    2. ESPN showing the major wrecks over and over again
    1. Even the drivers's chicks fight ... I saw where a wife and girlfriend got in to is like it was a mud wrestling hoe down.

this all adds up to ... WWE

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

The WWE? Come on now, lets not get crazy

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Convicted, you been hanging out on some of the racing boards? [​IMG]

6. Convicted by the Spirit

[​IMG] it was fun coming up with the 5 I got to tell ya!

7. Pete

Pete New Member

1. No matter how fast you think you and your car are, would still come last at MOUNT PANORAMA!! :D

[ April 20, 2006, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Pete ]

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Hey, Pete, did you get to see any part of Ambrose running a truck at Martinsville? I knew he was going to run it, but didn't get to watch the race.

I like Supercar racing. We get to see it every once in a while on SpeedTV.

9. Pete

Pete New Member

cc, I'm a Holden man so don't take much notice of what Ambrose gets up to ;) :D

I don't catch much of any racing, I mainly just wait for the big one (Bathurst) and throw a tape in for that. The races are on at a bad time, I'm either in Church or asleep :(

I reckon another 3 years of Holden wins on the mountain to give us 10 in a row then we will let a Ford win again so it doesn't get boring ;) Actually I'ld like to see Seton get a win or two, poor bloke goes out every year, is up with the pack, and something always goes wrong to knock him out.

Something slightly on topic for a change: I don't know how many million years ago, but some mob started AUSCAR out here (an Aussie version of NASCAR (don't know if it's still going, will have to surf later ("starting in 1986 and continuing until 2001", thank you wiki)))...So anyway, I saw an ad in paper from a mob looking for drivers, being a lead-foot I went to check it out...turns out they wanted 1000 people to give $1000 each so 1 of them would have chance of getting a spot in the team. I was almost as broke then as I am now, and almost as big then as I am now and probably would not have been able to climb in car, so just didn't bother [​IMG]

Being a cabbie is more exciting and challenging than any brand of racing anyway :eek: :D

10. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

You mean you'd settle for a mere decade of dominance at Panorama? ;)

I learned about that recently. Bob Jane was the driving force behind AUSCAR, bought Calder Park Raceway, opened the Goodyear Thunderdome, and convinced FIA to run the F1 Aussie Grand Prix at Adelaide.

[​IMG]

11. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Took seven weeks to win the NASCAR contest in one of our local Penne-Savers.

The only down side - it was the entry that had my mother's name on it!