1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Trinity

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I would like to inject this into the discussion. There is the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. Can we have one and not have the others???

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

There are some things in my mind that remain fixed and unchanging regardless of whether or not one uses the word “Trinity.” Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”

Christ was indeed God according to the Scriptures. He accepted worship and rightfully so. He is the Creator of all things. He was from the beginning with God, and he was made flesh. Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”

If one denies His rightful place as God, one has effectively denied who He was and is. I wonder if there are any who do not hold to or say that they do not believe in the Trinity that would agree with the points I have pointed out from Scripture? Are there any underlying ideas in the ‘Trinity belief’ that go beyond these clear Scriptures? Is there anything in ‘the Trinitarian belief’ that I am failing to espouse by simply stating my belief by these passages I mentioned?

Can I be accepted as a fellow believer in Christ accepting these positions yet not stating flat out that I believe in the Trinity? Would I be considered as a Trinitarian by others that do not consider themselves as ‘Trinitarian?’ Is there any noticeable differences between simply stating the Scriptures as I have done and not going so far as to say or claim to be or not to be a Trinitarian?

3. skypair

skypair Active Member

Here's my explanation of Trinity...

We are made "tri-partite" in God's image -- a soul that images God, a spirit that images the Holy Spirit, and a body in the image of Christ.

These 3 constitute our one person.

These 3, like God, are divisible as when we die and the body is separated from the soul and spirit or when we are saved, our spirits are not always "in synch" with our souls but often follow the flesh.

I believe similar to what some are calling the ECF - the pre-Nicean leaders - that God at some point DID make of Himself 3 distinct persons in order to accomplish His "program" for mankind (vs. His "program" for the angels) in making the kingdom of God rule in ALL creation (nuther thread).

I believe that one day when ONLY believers exist (New Earth/KoG), that God Himself will be in unity -- Body, Soul, and Spirit in One -- as we also will be in perfect unity with our own perfected "trinities" and ALL of the universes (including earth) will again be 100% KoG.

skypair

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No we can not.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    To admit that Christ is truly good is to admit He is God

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No i don't think that doctrinal infallability on the subject of the Trinity is ever said to be "the way to accept eternal life" all we ahve to do is "BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ" -- Christ is simply the Greek term for "Messiah".

in Christ,

Bob

7. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am involved in the other thread " Christology" where the argument is whether Jesus is Jehovah.

I don't call Jesus is Jehovah though both shares everything in common, but BGTF believes Jesus is Jehovah and Jehovah is God the Son.
    What do you think about it?

8. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: That is the way I have always understood the text as well.