1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Trinity

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Judith, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say person denotes, an individual, an entity of one and to be three persons would be three persons same as soul denotes one soul.

hear-you ! Israel Yahweh Elohim-of·us Yahweh one - from Hebrew interlinear Scripture4all.org

I know no Greek.

Textus Receptus John 4:24 πνεῦμα ὁ θεός - GNT Morph John 4:24 πνεῦμα ὁ θεός - God is a Spirit and/or God is Spirit. I prefer; Spirit the God.

In verse 23 Jesus says this God is the Father and in John 8:54 John says this God is his Father. Jesus says the following in John 20:19 concerning God, his Father and himself. KJV Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, from Heb 1:1,2

2. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Exactly. Now go look into the average creedal definition of "Trinity", and you will find an assertion of just that, that Jesus laid aside his Godhood.
    Of course Col. 2:9 corrects this, the Word of God is profitable.

3. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Then let 'no one ask' me to rubber stamp a word that has many varied implications, including out right heretical doctrine in some cases.

4. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

RE: Theopedia

Funny, this link didn't say anything, except that Erasmus most certainly did not add the Comma to some of his later editions over any silly challenge. Other than that, there's nothing there.

5. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

The first article is another hit piece on the AV. Same old garbage.

1Jo 5:7
    7 For thre ben, that yyuen witnessing in heuene, the Fadir, the Sone, and the Hooli Goost; and these thre ben oon.
    (WYC)

7 (For ther are thre which beare recorde in heuen the father the worde and the wholy goost. And these thre are one)
    (TyndaleBible)

7 Porque tres son los que dan testimonio en el cielo, el Padre, el Verbo, y el Espíritu Santo:y estos tres son uno.
    (RV09)

The article needs to attack these as well.

6. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

A summary of this thread,so far:

Side A: I don't understand the how, but I believe the scripture. And since i dont, i won't rubberstamp a non-biblical word, which may have a meaning, to some, that is unbiblical. Ex: Jesus laid aside His Godhood, and became man.

Side B: I don't understand the how, and the scripture is suspect, and anyone who wont ruberstamp the all encompassing doctrinal term for the goulash dish called:"Trinity", is a heretic.

Any? 'S

7. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The article doesn't "need" to attack, it is merely showing historically what translators did and what were the results.

Providing research information that calls into question the accuracy of a single passage is not an attack, either. It is the presentation of research and points in which others may use for edification.

It was in no way to be taken as a threat against the trinity.

Disagreement or agreement with the conclusions of Theopedia in no way discredits their research nor their credentials.

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I don't see how the definition of the Trinity has anything to do with the Incarnation. If it does you will have to show me.

9. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

It was an attack piece, attacking advocates of the KJB, as well as the KJB. But it overlooked this:
    7 Albowiem trzej sa, ktorzy swiadcza na niebie:Ojciec, Slowo, i Duch Swiety, a ci trzej jedno sa.
    (Gdansk)
    Polish translation from the early 17th century a.d.

10. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

And this:
    7 Car il y en a trois dans le Ciel qui rendent témoignage, le Père, la Parole, et le Saint- Esprit; et ces trois- là ne sont qu'un.
    (FrenMartin1744)

11. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

And, this:
    7 Perciocchè tre son quelli che testimoniano nel cielo:il Padre, e la Parola, e lo Spirito Santo; e questi tre sono una stessa cosa.
    (Ital_Diodati1649)

12. OldRegular

That is Totally False! God Cannot Not Be God!

The Scripture is not Suspect and anyone who does not believe in the Trinity is a heretic.

13. OldRegular

If you are going to make such an asinine statement you should prove it!

14. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Read some creedal statements, concerning 'the trinity'.
    This isn't new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.