1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The trouble with Carter

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Joseph_Botwinick, Aug 10, 2005.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

2. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now what?

1. Buy stock in: hearing aids, natural gas, security, resthomes, Jimmy Carter memorabilia, and anything else which is getting old.

2. Buy and read a copy of "Left Behind" by LeHaye.

3. Watch and pray.

Selah,

Bro. James

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

This quote from Lillian Carter, Jimmy's Mother says it all.

"Sometimes when I look at all my children, I say to myself, "Lillian, you should have stayed a virgin."

Lillian Carter

5. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Monday Morning quarterbacking is going on right now with President Bush. The liberals haven't waited for a few years even to see how things turn out. </font>[/QUOTE]This has got to be the funniest post today..yep
    give em an award...tick ..tock...tick..tock...
    oh 5 years...tick tock...tick...tock...</font>[/QUOTE]
    Yes. It wasn't that long ago when libs and their media cohorts were decrying the "Bush recessions" and "Bush deficits"... Now, ahem, the subject has changed back to Iraq... which in spite of some flaws has been a very, very successful mission.

Only a fool believes that the media is easier for an administration to manage now than 20-30 years ago. When Carter was President, you had 3 broadcast news shows for 30 minutes and then the major papers and newswires.

Even with the advent of cable during Reagan's years, an administration had at least somewhat of a shot.

Bush has to hope that those media sources that favor him will be at least as diligent in getting his perspective out as those who hate him.

This will actually be a good thing if we ever reach parity between conservative and liberal bias in news reporting.

6. elijah_lives

elijah_lives New Member

We get the leaders we deserve at the time, good or bad. Has anyone considered this in light of Jer. Chapter 18 and Rev. 18:8? It seems more obvious than ever, to me, that WE are Babylon -- especially in light of our embracing abortion, homosexuality, and other abominations to our Lord...

7. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I would line up with some of those conclusions. The U.S. of A is not "under God" and His umbrella of security any longer. Hence our present woes.

There may still be space to repent--consider Jonah and Ninevah.

God still has a remnant--even in the U.S.

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Selah,

Bro. James