1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The two witnesses

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Continued from previous post.

Jesus Christ came to die [John 12:27, 1 Corinthians 15:3, Acts 2:23] for the sins of His people and for His Church. By His death and resurrection He fulfilled His part in the Covenant of Grace, made within the Godhead before the foundation of the world. Jesus Christ preached the Kingdom of God and salvation from sin, primarily to the Jewish people, for about three and one half years before He was crucified on the cross of Calvary. The death of Jesus Christ in the midst of the week meant that the the sacrifice and the oblation offered in the temple were useless, as indicated by the rending of the veil of the temple from top to bottom opening the way into the Holy of Holies. Still the sacrifices persisted until the destruction of the temple in 70 AD.

Understanding the last half of the verse is much more difficult. We are then told: for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation. One may wonder if the continuation of useless animal sacrifices in the temple that God had rejected were considered to be an abomination. Certainly these animal sacrifices were useless. The writer of Proverbs tells us:

Proverbs 15:8, KJV
    8. The sacrifice of the wicked [is] an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright [is] his delight.

For these abominations Jesus Christ shall make ‘it’, the temple, desolate until the consummation, that is, the end of time.

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Brother OLDregular,

I found those two witnesses. They're rather old, so their hearing and sight may be less than ideal, but they do love to heckle and laugh...

[​IMG]

Actually, I think they work nightshift and Jack and Rexella Van Impe work during the day. That way they have day and night covered, always ready...

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

They are more likely to be the "two witnesses" of Revelation than any suggested by the pre-tribbers on this thread that old Evan whatever started and then disappeared. Are you sure the ugly one is not him. The other one looks old enough to be Jack Van Impe. And Rexella is just hoping up and down happy as Jack reads the latest Rapture Ready news out of the daily paper! I don't know if those two are still around or not. They may have raptured out like a lot of us old folks on this Forum!

On a serious note I had a wonderful brother in Christ in my last SS Class. He was several years older than I am and went home to be with the Lord many years ago. He thought Van Impe was the greatest Scholar of prophecy of end times in existence.

****************************************************************************************************

#163 OldRegular, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.