1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The unforgiveable Sin

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Prodigal Daughter, Feb 11, 2007.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

2nd continued from ituttut
    First let me say this book is written for me, but not to me. So I study this book, and all books of the Bible. When I read it I understand it is not written to me, but it is for my learning. I believe in chapter 12, verse 25 below you will find cause to believe this book is after all written to the Hebrew, and not to the Gentile.

Let's take your date around 60 A.D. to the Hebrews, possibly about 6 or 7 years after Paul's first Epistle's, I and II Thessalonians, which would correspond to Acts 18:1-5 and 11. We know Acts 15 is written before the Book of Hebrews also, and after Pentecost circa 31 A.D., and Acts 9, and 10. So we see in Acts 15 there are Hebrews, the Apostles, that are still of the Hebrew gospel of the circumcised, and they will not preach to us their gospel. This tells us that in 60 A.D. there are still Hebrews, but these Hebrew's (and any proselytes) are being preached to by Paul, and they will be, or they are in the body church, just as we Gentiles. But these Hebrew's are of the circumcision and of the blood of Abraham, and the Law of Moses, coming out of the covenant.

In Acts, we can see the Kingdom Church is no longer by itself, for we know the nation of Israel have been blinded. Hebrews is a history lesson for the individual to show who they are. They know they are not Gentiles (even though God is not making distinction), but can be saved just as we. Hebrews is written to show that Paul is also their Apostle now. Peter tells us this in his second book in the 3 chapter verses 15-16. Peter evidently wrote his last book after Paul wrote all of his, probably about 68 A.D. Today the Jew can read the Book written to them, and know with surety, they also have remission of sins, just as we, for we do not see they "must repent and be baptized for the remission of their sins."

The signs of the Holy Ghost have disappeared as Paul writes this book to his people. Peter, John, Paul and the rest can no longer heal the sick, the tongues are no more, and God no longer honors everything they ask. The kingdom is not coming. The next event will be our Rapture. This cannot be found in that other Gospel to the Jew.

Everything in the book of Hebrews is foreign to we Gentiles, but even though Israel is blinded, individual Jews are still being saved today, as they were back then, into the Joint Body Church. Look at the wording of the "Fathers", as this Book delves into the nation that God chose for Himself. The Gentile is not a part of this as we see in chapter 2, verse 17, "Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people." The Gentile is not the people, or the subject in the book written to the Hebrews.

Chapter 3 can be so enlightening to us for it speaks of Moses, of whom Gentiles have no connection. Chapter three is trying to convince them (and reinforce to them) Jesus is greater than Moses. Moses was never our mentor, unless we are proselytes to the Jewish religion, and if so we must be then convinced Jesus is greater than Moses. No, I can see no way this book is written to a Gentile. It speaks of David, and the Gentiles that were driven out before him (Acts 7:45). What of the heavenly calling, which they knew nothing about until Paul?

Look at chapter 4 of the Sabbath Day that was Holy to God's people, and the rest that is now in Jesus for those of Israel. It speaks of their High Priest. We do not find in any Epistle of Paul's to we Gentile's a mention of a High Priest. The High Priest entered in the Old Testament. This is foreign terminology (or should be) to us today for we are "looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ", Titus 2:13.
    [/color]

2. ituttut

ituttut New Member

3rd continued to Brother Bob

[Originally Posted by ituttut]

As we go through each chapter it reinforces the strong connection of the Hebrew with the Hebrew. It is somewhat like Stephen, but on a much larger scale, preaching to his people, those of Israel, in this dispensation. I personally did not come to Christ from a Jewish background.

In 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 we find all about the office of Priests, and of Levi that came from the loins of Abraham. How in the world can we equate ourselves people that God chose for Himself. Even James and the Apostles say we should not have to carry the burden of Israel that made covenant with God.

In 10 we find the blood of animals, and burnt offerings. We were never a part of that gospel, so what good does it do to try and convince us it is no longer necessary?

Chapter 11 shows all before were justified by faith, and every one of them had to do a work. This has never been preached to us, but that is how they were justified in the eyes of God.

Moses in chapter 12 is brought before us again, and the terrible sight he saw, and was scared to death. But Moses' Law has now given way to the gospel we now have from heaven (verse 22) to the "general assembly and church of the firstborn", in verse 23, and to Jesus in verse 23. 24 and 25 says to me "Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and the sprinkling of His blood has been now made known to them through this gospel from heaven.

We know Jesus tells us He came only for His own, and in verse 25 we can see to whom this book is written. Jesus spoke to them on earth, and they refused, but they are told they had better not "turn away from him that speaketh from heaven".

Chapter 13 commends to them grace, to go outside the gate where Jesus was slaughtered, to the Cross.
    I believe them to be in order, and explained.

What is of importance is this book is the inspired Word of God, and I believe Paul had a hand in it. There are those that believe he did, and there are those that believe he didn't. I believe he did, and without apology. Just a few strong points follow, and you probably know about, but they are enough for me. None can be disproved, and I have not seen, heard, or found evidence pointing to another with as good credentials.

We can start with the reference by Peter that he had read the Epistles of Paul, and comments Paul wrote a book to the Hebrew. Peter's book is also written to the Jew, so points to Paul as writing Hebrews (I believe) for he says, 15 "the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16. As also in all his epistles". This is hard to ignore, but most do for they believe Peter is writing to us. Peter is for us but not to us, just as is the book of Hebrews.

Who revealed to Paul personally his gospel? Christ Jesus, so Paul then has this wisdom Christ gave to him. The Apostle's had the wisdom of scripture that had been written, i.e. before Matthew and the others. In Paul's Epistle's we find the wisdom of Christ, and His heavenly gospel.

Timothy was Paul's companion, Paul had been in "bonds", and was in Italy.

Christ Jesus chose Paul to be the Apostle to the Gentile, and to the Jew. Paul writes to we Gentiles in 13 books, and also to the Israelite. But Paul being a Jew has authority to also write specifically to them.

We find the word grace mentioned 7 times from Matthew through Acts 11. From that point through the Epistles written by Paul to the Gentile and Jew, we find grace mentioned over 90 times. In Hebrews we find the grace of God spoken 8 times, the last verse 25 ending with grace - "Grace be with you all. Amen." Paul is the Apostle to first preach by the grace of God, through faith salvation.
    I pray our Father in the name of Jesus Christ you will be made well, with no pain or nausea, and can continue to spread His Word from your place in the Body. I got moved a few years ago.

I've had angina pain off and on from about 1960 until around 1995, with five heart catheterizations, a couple of intensive care units, but no damage to heart or bypasses. My wife had bypass heart surgery 11 years ago, and doing fine. I have arrhythmia, abnormal muscle contractions in the heart, but don't notice, and didn't know it until a Doctor told me so about 10 years ago.

Since going to the Doctor the other day, I came down with the flu, and feeling much better today, but wondered if I'd feel like finishing this post.

3. skypair

skypair Active Member

You are scripturally in error, Lar -- ALL sins were pardoned at the cross. Unbelief ONLY becomes as sin on account of the cross. The souls of the BELIEVING dead went straight to heaven WITH Christ on account of their sin being pardoned (when He "led captivity captive").

And salvation IS a miracle, right? If you deny salvation through belief, you deny the good work of Christ and militate with Satan against it.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I wouldn't think it would hold much water with the Bereans.

skypair

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

ituttut;
    I will have to study your posts some more but it seems you are saying that nothing in Hebrews applys to us. It is only for our learning of times past.

I find that at least we do agree on the time of transition of which many do not consider at all. I just believe that even though they were Hebrews that they were converted Hebrews and were under the Gospel of Christ. The new Gospel did not start with the Gentiles. You either accepted Christ as the Messiah or you did not, and you were either under Grace or under the old Law Covenant of which those in Hebrews were under the Grace of Jesus Christ, even though their fathers were Abraham, Moses etc.

That is just a comment for I want to study your posts some more and go back and study Hebrew some more.

I hope you are well today and your wife also,

Bbob

#64 Brother Bob, Feb 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2007
  5. ituttut

ituttut New Member

I have never doubted you have understanding. I believe the book of Hebrews is written to the Hebrews. I am not a Hebrew.
    Amen to the transition, to me a new gospel for we Gentiles apart from those under "covenant". They were promised a "kingdom" and I wasn't, but in Christ's inheritance, I find myself in His "kingdom" in His Church, but not in that "kingdom" he says he gives to His Apostles - Luke 22:29-30.

You say, "The new Gospel did not start with the Gentiles." But for me it did. I am saying the New Gospel of through faith did not begin until after Damascus Road. The Body of Christ, and through faith were unknown, so the New Gospel couldn't begin until the appointment of Paul, for the new gospel was not before known to man. God had hidden this from the beginning. The new gospel began for me, a Gentile at Damascus Road. Proselysation was all that was available to me before Christ commissioned Paul to be my Apostle.
    I understand. It is very scary, even chilling, when He shows us He did give to Paul a "dispensational" gospel. But as we embrace His Word from heaven the whole Bible is opened to us for understanding without contradiction.

It comes down do we believe James? James 2:21-22, "Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22. Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?"

In whom are we made perfect, but in Christ Jesus. I am not of the gospel of James.I find that it is He, Jesus, that did the Works. It is by grace that we are justified throughfaith of Jesus Christ, and not justified by works which faith was made perfect in Abraham. We are not Hebrews that are by works, but through works. "Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith", Romans 3:30.
    She's fine, and slow going for me.

6. His Blood Spoke My Name

May as well disregard the epistle to the Romans unless you are roman.
    The book to the Corinth... quite sure you aren't a Corinthian.
    The book of Philippians unless you are from Philipi.
    The Book of Ephesians, Acts (written to Theophilus), Galatians, Thessalonians, Colossians...
    Is your name John, Peter, Timothy, Philemon, Titus? If you aren't, better disregard those books too.

No, my friend, the book of Hebrews is to us as well, not just to the Hebrews.

You can't pick and choose what you like

#66 His Blood Spoke My Name, Feb 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2007