1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured THE VALIDITY of A CHRISTIAN?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by slozand, Dec 6, 2015.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know this individual has been banned. He sounds like a JW or some different brand of Arian.

His questions are cleverly framed as the proverbial "Are you still beating your wife"?

My answer would have been that Jesus Christ is not the God of His Father but that Jesus Christ is God with His father.

The relationship is detailed in John 1:1-2.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2 The same was in the beginning with God.

If he is a JW and he shows up again I would be interested to see if he would acknowledge that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh before he gets banned again.

1 John 4
    2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,
    3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1