1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The value of the BV forum

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Mexdeaf, May 19, 2006.

1. David J

David J New Member

No it's shines the light of truth on false teaching like KJVOism etc...If speaking the truth and demanding Scriptural support for a doctrine is firing bullets then I guess I've got an assault rifle.

This forum is important and I've learned a lot about different translations of the Word. I've also seen poor translational decisions that were made in the KJV, NKJV, NASB, NIV, TNIV etc....

By the way show me when one person who has not been banned has attacked the KJV. Where is your proof? To attack the KJVO lie is not to attack the KJV.

Are you defending KJVOism or the KJV?

By the way if you are interested in a real discussion I have 2 questions you can answer. They are very simple and I posted them the other week. I'll repost them this week and you are welcomed to answer.

2. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

I would love to see one post that attacks the KJV---please note and read very carefully--an attack on the KJV. You wont find it, cause its not here. There is a definate difference between the KJV (which we all agree is the Word of God) and KJVOism (which is a man-made doctrine with no biblical backing).

As a matter of fact I dare someone to try to come on here and attack the KJV the way the KJVOist have attacked the MVs. That person would be run out on a rail, as it should be for attacking God's Word. I believe any professing Christian should be run out for attacking the Word of God, KJV or an MV.

Bro Tony

3. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Obviously, you really didn't read my post--all I see in this forum is a platform for "name calling" and "labels" period. I have never called anybody who chooses to read the MVs any names--exactly the opposite is true. You guys put all people who use the KJV exclusively as KJV Only cultists and that's not fair and you misrepresent the true defenders of the KJV and do a diservice to the KJV of the Bible.

If this forum important to you, then by all means, keep posting here. As far as I am concerned, this forum has no value whatsoever. That's my opinion.

I don't know how long you have been a member of this forum, but you need to go digging deeper in the old threads and some of the more recent threads on this forum that have been closed.

Read my post--what I said is this: There is a group of KJV people who ARE VERY RADICAL. Not all KJV people (I mean people who use the KJV exclusively) are radical. I have never pushed my beliefs down anybody else's throat and they have never been pushed down mine, when I wasn't a KJV person. I defend the KJV of the Bible---NOT the radical KJV Only group (Ruckmanites). I would suggest you do a Google search and determine what it means to be KJVO--

I'm not interested in posting in this forum--thanks

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I think there is a lot of value to the forum if everyone would talk to and not snipe at each other -- IMHO.

5. standingfirminChrist

There have been many attacks on those that have said they only use the KJV. In attacking them, one is attacking the Bible they hold so dear to their heart

6. kubel

kubel New Member

Linda64,

I use the KJV (almost exclusively) and I am not a KJVO. I would probably call myself a KJV-Preferred, yet I have never been picked on or lumped into the KJVO camp. Is there somewhere where we differ in this belief? Perhaps you are siding with KJVO beliefs that do not have scriptural support, and are assumed to be a KJVO.

Let me lay out my basic beliefs with regard to this, and maybe you can lay out yours, just so we can see where we both are different:

1) I do not put my faith into KJVO (that is, I do not believe the KJV is the one and only version God established, nor do I believe that it was supernaturally and inerrantly inspired).
    2) The KJV has errors which have been proven, some of which I accept, and some of which I reject, based on the facts, not faith.
    3) The KJV is the best translation for me and I use it almost exclusively for reading, studying, and use at church. But I am not KJVO. I hope that makes sense.

Example:

Every single car I have ever driven or owned has been a Ford, with the exception of an oldsmobile I drove a few times which wasn't mine. I use Fords (and one might say excusively), but it's not like I have a Ford-only view. I don't limit myself to just Fords. I don't believe Fords are perfect. (In fact, I would very much like to own a Typ82 Kubelwagen.) But my Ford Focus is the best for me at this time. It works well, and I like it. And it's likely that I will stick with Fords until I become old and am unable to drive.

The same is with my KJV. I can hold onto it without holding onto KJVOism.

But I agree with you. Personal attacks and bad attitudes are not Christ-like, irregardless of ones beliefs. People can still say "you are wrong" without adding the hate. And I think that is the biggest problem in this forum.

God Bless

7. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I teach and preach exclusively from the KJV and I have never been attacked on this forum except by the KJVOs who call me a liberal, apostate, unsaved, and, most recently, accused me of being homosexual.

8. standingfirminChrist

TCassidy,

Have I ever called you any of those names? Honestly?

9. David J

David J New Member

I'm not interested in posting in this forum--thanks

Then why are you posting?

10. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

I find that hard to believe from what I have seen you post on this and other forums.

11. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

SFIC,

I have yet to see anyone attacked, riduculed or even try to be corrected because they say they use only the KJV. As a matter of fact many times I have heard people say that is wonderful, as a personal choice. There continues to be a disconnect in understanding, we all love the KJV, and if you choose to use it and only it great. The problem is with those who have said it is the only valid Word of God and that the MV's are not the Word of God. I have not heard you say this, but I have heard you defend those who have said this and continue to propagate this false teaching.

Bro Tony

12. David J

David J New Member

It all goes back to being honest Bro Tony. I asked for evidence and all I got was evasion.

Show me where someone on this board attacked the KJV. I can show you on another board where the KJV was attacked and I hammered the guy who was attacking the KJV.

13. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I realize you have a problem believing the truth. If you did not have a problem believing the truth you would not be KJVO!

14. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

David,
    By stating a phrase that is in the KJV should not be in the KJV or that a phrase that is not in the KJV should be there is attacking the KJV.

15. David J

David J New Member

David,
    By stating a phrase that is in the KJV should not be in the KJV or that a phrase that is not in the KJV should be there is attacking the KJV.
    </font>[/QUOTE]So any update to the KJV is an attack?

By this logic then only using the 1611 KJV is the only way not to attack the KJV! Oh my!

Exodus 15:25 he made a statute
    Exodus 15:25 he made for them a statute

So which KJV is right?

Do you see the problem with your logic?

16. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh no! You mean the KJV of 1762/1769, which virtually all KJVOs use, attacks the real KJV, the AV1611 because it changed over 1,000 words?

Uh huh. Yep. Sure. Righto.

17. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I am sorry to have to say it, Mexdeaf, but you could not be more wrong. Jude 1:3 "Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints." </font>[/QUOTE]'The faith which was once delivered unto the saints' has NOTHING to do with Bible versions- whether you are KJVO or not.

18. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heresy has everything to do with the faith once delivered.

19. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

David,
    </font>[/QUOTE]Then you clearly admit that you are attacking all other versions. Its funny that the only way to get a KJVO to be honest is for it to be completely by mistake.

20. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was here before tighter controls were put in place and your statement is categorically untrue. The "MV camp" often makes the mistake of responding in kind but by and large it is WE who want to discuss the historical facts and scripture. It is generally the KJVO's that alternately evade or resort to personal attacks/innuendo.

There is generally a very subtle difference that dissipates very quickly when you go one level deeper into the debate. The second group you describe will virtually always get around to declaring that only the KJV is God's Word in English. The direct implication is that either you accept this belief or you don't believe in/use God's real Word.
    It does when those without knowledge continue to argue from a position of ignorance without offering a substanitive answer at all.
    Proverbs 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
    Are you all? It is you that refuses to give answers as if your saying something or believing it makes it true... regardless if you can answer questions in defense of your assumptions or not.
    Preconceived ideas about the preconceptions of those here that argue against KJVOnlyism does a disservice to the KJV and the truth.

So you want the "right" to condemn MV's as corrupt or not the Word of God but want to play the victim if someone points out some technical flaw in the KJV? Can you say "unbalanced scales"?