1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The virgin birth and the miracles of Jesus

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Sir Ed, Mar 21, 2002.

1. tulpje

tulpje Guest

[ March 22, 2002, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: tulpje ]

2. GraceSaves

GraceSaves New Member

Tulpje,

How can you possibly make this claim and stick by it when you accuse Catholics of the same thing when they as you to read about Catholicism objectively, and you in turn, ALWAYS, refer to the WELS to learn about Catholicism instead of from Catholics? I guess this means we spend all morning defending our points so that you can read into them subjectively as well?

You MUST be fair. If you are going to be on one extreme (demand we be totally objective), then you must be in turn.

3. tulpje

tulpje Guest

[ March 22, 2002, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: tulpje ]

4. GraceSaves

GraceSaves New Member

"Cut and paste," tulpje, doesn't mean to use the COPY/PASTE features on your computer in every instance. You lifted quotes from a source, which is "copying" and "pasting" in the sense that he meant it.

And I know you reject all of my beliefs out of instinct, but I will continue to push for you to understand the truth rather than misguided notions.

You provided a few quotes. How can we do more than skimming?

I'm sorry that you don't feel this is worth your time. I'm certainly not ELCA, and I feel that they are the most liberal branch of the Lutheran Church, but I do not feel they are as liberal, as a unified body, as you state. Therefore, to maintain truth and order, I am trying to assist in defending against your accusations. If you do not have the time to defend your accusations, then please don't make them.

If I said that the WELS church was evil through and through, and made casual references for evidence that really didn't amount to much, I would sincerely hope that you would persue the debate until it was resolved, because it obviously wouldn't be true.

5. tulpje

tulpje Guest

[ March 22, 2002, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: tulpje ]

6. Sir Ed

Sir Ed New Member

Another lie by tulpje. Your pastor may have said that (and I doubt he did; you probably misunderstood him or out and out lying about this too), but it is not the position of the ELCA.

Are you going to act like a child and call me a troll now?

I truly pray that you get help and that you get some peace in your life. This hatred is obviously eating you up from the inside.

[ March 22, 2002, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Sir Ed ]

7. GraceSaves

GraceSaves New Member

Tulpje,

How can you possibly make this claim and stick by it when you accuse Catholics of the same thing when they as you to read about Catholicism objectively, and you in turn, ALWAYS, refer to the WELS to learn about Catholicism instead of from Catholics? I guess this means we spend all morning defending our points so that you can read into them subjectively as well?

You MUST be fair. If you are going to be on one extreme (demand we be totally objective), then you must be in turn.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Oh you are so right TROLL-carole. It must be me? I'm suffering from a mental illness that impairs my ability to live in reality.

The truth of the matter is that I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU BELIEVE!Tha is why I stopped arguing about it long ago! either you accept it or not! That is up to you!

TOODLES!
    </font>[/QUOTE]...

Okay, I'm not a troll, and I'm not Carole. I can forward you a private message that Carole sent me, if you like, unless you believe Carole sends private messages to herself...

Futhermore, no one said you are mentally ill. I asked you to be objective in the light that you require this of us. How in the world do you claim me feeling you are mentally ill out of that?

If you don't care what I believe, then why are you posting on this board? You are not Baptist, nor do you plan on converting to be a Baptist. Obvsiouly you wish to share your Church's mission, which I'm positive does not include not caring about what someone else believes.

The people arguing with you care about you deeply, which is why they argue for your sake. Just as the Baptists who argue with me worry about me being a Catholic, because they feel that it is dangerous. No, I don't believe that I'm in danger, but I thank them for their sincere concern, and I love them as siblings in Christ.

When you stop caring, what are you doing?

8. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another aside - I have electronic evidence that Mrs. C and GraceSaves are two different people. I'm sure you didn't need to know that but the slander can stop there.

I came home and all of tulpje's post had been edited out by herself. All I see are the quotes that she made by the other members.

I had warned tulpje that this reprimand was due. Normally, I would not allow a lynching like this as I'm sure most of you know. However, one thing I have learned as a moderator is that when the administrations hands are tied, I can always turn the membership loose. I thank Sir Ed for starting this thread. Rebuke is a necessary element in the Christian community.

Most of the time a novice will quickly learn that they are dealing with some very strong theologians on this site, indeed, some of the best theologians I have ever met in my life post on the Baptist Board. Every now and then, though, one does not catch on to the caliber of people that they are dealing with here.

I have disagreed with some of you of other denominations. For that matter, I have disagreed with many Baptist on this site. Somewhere, between all the lines, I think we catch glimpses of the Truth. I may have even come across a little insulting in a few of our discords, but I hope that somewhere in the 1250+ posts I have made that you have seen a reflection of the Love of Christ and the mettle of the Christian Body.

I believe this thread has served its purpose and I will now close it. My thanks to all who contributed in a way that edified the Body of Christ.

Clint Kritzer