1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Way of the Master Moment Episode 2

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, May 19, 2015.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Way of the Master Moment Episode 2
    The Pestilent fellow

The Holy Spirit warned the apostle Paul that bonds and afflictions awaited him wherever he went as a christian. He was persecuted almost everywhere he preached. His hearers "opposed him, abused him, and blasphemed." In another place they were "full of wrath." He was stoned and left for dead, beaten with many stripes and "thrown out of the region." Paul was also called a "pestilent fellow."

The lesson from all this? If we are not suffering persecution then we may not be living godly in Christ Jesus. Or we may not even be preaching the same message that Paul preached. So whatever form of evangelism you practice whether that would be open air preaching, one on one conversations, tract distribution, writing letters, or what not remember that if you truly preach you will truly suffer. Not that my life is the best to follow, but for example the last time I was out open air preaching I was cussed out by two hecklers one of which wanted to throw punches at me!!! Also I have been rejected by many in the many letters I have written, so what I have experienced is NOTHING compared to what Paul experienced, I have experienced just a taste of suffering.

There goes another moment.
    Go share your faith while you still have time.