1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The weak foundation of free will

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by npetreley, Feb 26, 2006.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm getting tired of you ripping these verses out of context to say what you want them to say because you don't like what the REST of the Bible has to say.
    Answer this question please...

If we do not have sin natures... why do we sin?

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How can you strike someone who is "dead" (calvinist definition) with blindness or what would the need be?

3. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Tim.

Cool man. :cool:

Tell it to your missus.

No one's perfect. :cool:

Because God does blind then man has choice? Man has choice otherwise God would not need to blind men? Where's the cut off point?

You keep telling me that but it is just as easy to answer with scripture as it is to keep telling me that you have answered sufficiently already. Where's yer scripture man?

Cool man. :cool: There's nothing like a good insult to brighten the day is there?

Is this a 'pull my finger' type of gag? :cool:

What do you mean You said it now don't cry complicated.? HaHa! God is Simple I said complicit. Man would have Him stand before their tribunal to stand charged with crimes against humanity. Did you or did you not order the deaths of all the .........ites Fill in the names as you please. Men, women and children were put to the sword by His command.

Elisha asked for a blindness for those who would recognise him so that he could lead them off, like sheep to the slaughter, so they could find mercy. God blinded the minds of those who would recognise Elisha so that Elisha's lie would succeed. This is not your God as you say but He is mine. :cool:

You should back your words up with facts not distorted truths. I said God uses lies but Himself says, NU 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? (Titus 1:2) How then can I believe God lies when He says He doesn't? He sends delusions though doesn't He? :cool: Yes you say but He is not a liar, same as I say. :cool:

Elisha asked for a blindness, webdog, for those who would recognise him so that he could lead them off, like sheep to the slaughter, so they could find mercy. God blinded the minds of those who would recognise Elisha so that Elisha's lie would succeed. This is not your God you say? But He is mine. :cool:

john.

4. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

C. H. Spurgeon states in a sermon entitled “The Warrant of Faith” in the Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit:

In our own day certain preachers assure us that a man must be regenerated
    before we may bid him believe in Jesus Christ; some degree of a work of grace
    in the heart being, in their judgment, the only warrant to believe. This also is false' It takes away a gospel for sinners and offers us a gospel for saints. It is
    anything but a ministry of free grace . . . If I am to preach faith in Christ to a
    man who is regenerated, then the man, being regenerated, is saved already,
    and it is an unnecessary and ridiculous thing for me to preach Christ to him,
    and bid him to believe in order to be saved when he is saved already, being
    regenerate . . . So, then, I am only to preach faith to those who have it.
    Absurd, indeed! Is not this waiting till the man is cured and then bringing him
    the medicine? This is preaching Christ to the righteous and not to sinners . . .
    Brethren, the command to believe in Christ must be the sinner’s warrant, if
    you consider the nature of our commission. How runs it? “Go ye into all the
    world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” It ought to run, according to
    the other plan, “preach the gospel to every regenerate person, to every
    convinced sinner, to every sensible soul.” But it is not so; it is to “every
    creature.”

I think sometimes this man is more confused then all calvinist put together.

5. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Tim.

It was just down the road from where I lived. Our school had a Christmas service there one year. It appears as a temple and quite impressive. It's opposite the Elephant and Castle pub but wasn't as pretty as the barmaids. :cool: Nostalgia.

I say he ends up in a ditch sometimes but he is the Prince of Preachers and as a man has a tendency to err. If we were all as perfect as you Tim we would all be walking on water. You have much to learn grasshopper. Pope Spurgeon he isn't. :cool:

What do you think of the porkies Elisha pulled off? :cool:

john.

6. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Because the flesh wars against the Spirit.

IMO, there's a difference between the desires of the flesh and the sin nature (which refers to our pre-salvation fallen state). Before we are saved, we are slaves to sin. That is the sin nature.