1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The will of God

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by AndThisGospel, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

1 Thess 4:1 Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God; 2 for you know what commandments we gave you through the Lord Jesus.

3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality

Keep in mind what Christ said:

Mat 5:27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery (sexual immorality).’28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Now, how many can say they never have looked at a woman with lust since becoming a Christian?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not encouraging sin. We should strive to "walk in the Spirit"....

But, the question is, how many of you are without this sin - the sin of adultery, not physical adultery, but the kind of lust that Christ spoke of in Mat 5:28

#1 AndThisGospel, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You'd need to speak to a free-will Nazarenes to find the sinless perfection camp.

3. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

The convert Paul stated the following:

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I do.

Calvin asks, "For who has resisted His will"? Rom 9:19

Therefore, using Calvin's own doctrine, God willed for the converted Paul to sin.

Wow! This is Calvinism, folks.

Calvin, what a nut job. I really do not think he thought out his doctrines. If he had I'm sure he would have denounced them.

4. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

I am only taking Calvin's doctrines to their natural conclusions....

5. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Eph 1:1 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He (God the Father) chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

The question is, did Christ as God assume only some of our humanity at the incarnation or all of our humanity?

According to the book of Acts when God made Adam he made "all men" in him.

"He [God] has made from one man [Adam] every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth..." Acts 17:26

"...by man [Adam] came death,...For as in Adam all die" 1 Cor 15:21,22

We all share the same fallen life of Adam. Even Eve came from Adam. Hence, like Eve, we are bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh. All of humanity share in this life.

It was our fallen, Adamic life that Christ assumed at the incarnation, not some limited, special group....

6. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

So when Paul used the phrase "in Christ" he was referring to the fact that at the incarnation God the Father united the Divinity of Christ with our shared life from Adam. That shared life was named "the Son of Man".

So Christ represents, not Calvin's limited-club members, but rather all of humanity.

• Therefore when He was obedient to God's law "all men" were made obedient too.
    • And when He died the justice that the law demanded, "all men" died too in Him.
    • And when He was resurrected "all men" were gathered up in Him.
    • Christ is, after all, "the last Adam". He is our representative before the Father.
    • In Him we are complete.

7. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Notice how you springboard away from Ephesians 1 without studying it and instead go to your pet views. ATG, you need to stop looking for your pet view and let the text speak for itself.
    As long as you are intent on being prejudiced you will never be able to rightly devine the word of God. God's word must change our lives, not the other way around. We don't use the Bible to force our presuppositions.

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or a full Gospel Pentacostalist Baptist!

9. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Words...mere words. Prove me wrong, don't tell me I'm wrong. That you can't do and so you babble....

10. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Your missing the point. God's will is that you don't sin. I proved that. If you can't do your own will (which is classical Calvinism) then God's will must be done in your life. Why, then, are you sinning?

Answer: You have a will of your own

11. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your own posts make the point.

12. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Again, you can't refute me so you babble. Dust off your Bible, man, and use it....Not your selected one liners, ripped out of their context.....

Unless you use Bible I will no longer chat with you....Better use Bible because babble is no longer accepted by me....Understand? good.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Free to choose from limited options, God has no limits, all options are available to Him!

14. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

False....God cannot sin.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL options that agree with His nature, just as we only can choose from those that fit our natures!

16. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ATG, you go to these types of posts everytime you are called out for your pridefulness and inability to let the text speak. You had to add text to Ephesians 1 in order to force it to say what you want it to say.

17. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Babble

18. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Okay - that's better.

19. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You revert to silliness rather than let the text speak for itself. The babble has always been from you.

20. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Babble...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.