1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Willingness of Men 2

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by ad finitum, Sep 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The scriptures won't do you any good, because Salvation with out faith cannot be found in scripture. This is because there is no such thing.
    What is mind boggling is Calvinist claiming to be saved with out faith. No where in scripture does it ever say men are saved with out faith first. Freewill is indicated in Acts 16: 31.and also in;
    2Co_8:12 for if the willing mind is present, according to that which any one may have it is well-accepted, not according to that which he hath not;
    MB

2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

I nearly busted a gut laughing so hard reading your opinion. You've lost every debate here including this one and then you bragg about it as if you are the champ.You can't even defend what you believe because you have nothing to present but your (snip) claims and false accusations. You would have made a really good Pharisee. Your theology makes God seem so weak He can't save anyone with out a Calvinist's permission.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    MB

Note: italicized was edited by admin

#142 MB, Sep 27, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2021
  3. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    [/QUOTE]

Actually Martin I did not say that every verb in Rom 19:13 { I think you meant Rom 10:13} is Passive. Point of fact what I was talking about free will in the text.

As here

>>Austin if you cannot see man has a free will in the text of Rom 10:13-15 then you are just willfully blind. You have lost yourself in your calvinist theology.

The active voice represents the subject as the doer or performer of the action.
    The middle voice indicates the subject performing an action upon himself (reflexive action) or for his own benefit.
    The passive voice represents the subject as being the recipient of the action.

Do you know which voice is missing in this text? The passive and why is that? Well if your not sure it is because the individual is the one doing the action. They hear the gospel, they believe the gospel, they call on the lord. That whether you like it or not is man exercising their God given free will. << from post # 102

Martin you say I should not try to be silly. I could say you shouldn’t ignore what you theology requires. Your the one that keeps saying you have to be regenerated before you can have faith.

And then ignore what that means

Regeneration G3824
    new birth, reproduction, renewal, recreation, regeneration Thayer
    Born G1080
    Again
    G509
    from above, from a higher place Thayer

Your own words betray you Martin

>> No one can be saved without believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, just as no one can be saved without being born from above.<<

Martin you say you have to believe/have faith in Christ Jesus before you are saved, agreed.

You further state that saved means one is born from above, agreed again.

But then your calvinism says that you have to be regenerated before you can believe? And actually that God has to give you the faith so you can believe and all this happens after you are saved. Now are you now going to say that regeneration/new birth does not mean born from above.

So we either have someone saved because they believe, biblical or we have someone saved so they can be given faith to believe, calvinism.

Martin you have said that is not what regeneration means to you so I have to conclude that you have a private meaning for the word that differs from the biblical one. If so which do you think is correct? The bible or you.

Not sure what point you were trying to make with this.

>>There are texts that attribute salvation to faith without speaking of rebirth (e.g. Acts of the Apostles16:31). There are texts that attribute salvation to regeneration without speaking of faith (e.g. Titus 3:4-6). << Do you think all the words have to be used together to make them valid?

You did see the part where it says that Lydia 1} “worshiped God”, she knew the God of creation and yes God open her heart but why 2} “to heed the things spoken by Paul”.

So this fits right in with what I have pointed out a number of times.

Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent?

Hearing → Believing → Calling → Salvation

Rom 10:13 For "WHOEVER CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED."

>>Once again, you simply don't understand. I know of no orthodox Calvinist who suggests that people are saved so that they may believe.

They are regenerated so that they may believe and be saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8). <<

Your words above Martin, but that is not what the bible says that is only what your Calvinism requires.

And lest you think I am just charging you with a false accusation here is another definition form:

The Complete Word Study Dictionary by Spiros Zodhiates

G3824

παλιγγενεσία

paliggenesía; gen. paliggenesías, fem. noun from pálin (G3825), again, and génesis (G1078), generation, nation. Regeneration, restoration, renovation, rebirth.

Eph_2:8-9

Salvation results from two things: grace and faith. So what is the role that each plays? The answer is found in the prepositions “by” and “through.”

Who saves us? God saves us. How, by his grace. So what, then, is the role of faith? The key preposition for faith G4102 is “through," G1223 which refers to the means or instrumentality by which we are saved {because of, for this reason}.

We are saved by God’s grace (grace is the ground and agency of our salvation) through faith, which is the reason we receive the gift of salvation. Our faith is viewed as that way by which God’s gracious gift of salvation is received — because of our faith.

We hear the gospel, we believe the gospel, we place our faith in Christ Jesus, God saves us.

Martin I do hope this will help you come to a better understanding of the way and means of salvation

4. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You show daily that you have no idea what Calvinism is or what it teaches. Of course I chose to follow Christ, and that is why I know that I am saved (John 6:37, 44). Don't be so silly; and please, fake just a little time to learn what the Doctrines of Grace actually are. Your rabid hatred of Calvinism is based on nothing else but ignorance and a morbid fear of the unknown.

5. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do I?

6. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely I agree. Next question.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ecclesiastes 7:6

8. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where exactly do I state that?

9. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    You keep coming with this same calvinist canard that I am glorifying myself. How so, is it because I hold to scripture or perhaps because I stand against your calvinist theology. How is my being saved by the grace of God through faith in His son self-centered. Oh right I wasn't one of those hand pick by God to be saved.
    Now if you want self-centered that is it you are so arrogant that you think God picked you out to be saved and left billions of others to be doomed.
    God chose me because I love His son, that's biblical you on the other hand think God chose you so you would love His son, calvinist.

I stick with the bible.

10. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually I have no feeling about calvinism other than saying it is not biblical. And I have studied the DoG and that is why I know that it is not biblical.

11. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where is that in the Bible? 'Of His own will He brought us forth......' (James 1:18).

#151 Martin Marprelate, Sep 27, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  12. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your hatred of Calvinism is apparent to all, and if you have studied the DoG, you are an appalling student. You make howlers in every post, even after you have been corrected.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all. You serve self, you don't follow anyone.

14. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do dead in sins humans conjure up faith to believe? That is what you are claiming. And, now you cannot fathom why a Christian would object to that assertion.

Is faith authored by Jesus or is it authored by the free will of man?

15. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is the flaw in your logic. You imagine that dead in sins humanity will follow a set of laws ("instructions laid out by God's Word") that will save them.

If you cannot see your legalism, with zero grace, expressed in your statement, then I cannot help you see it.

16. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just appreciate that you finally acknowledge the truth. This is a step forward.
    The Calvinism is your strawman, not mine.

17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist

Actually Martin I did not say that every verb in Rom 19:13 { I think you meant Rom 10:13} is Passive. Point of fact what I was talking about free will in the text.

As here

>>Austin if you cannot see man has a free will in the text of Rom 10:13-15 then you are just willfully blind. You have lost yourself in your calvinist theology.

The active voice represents the subject as the doer or performer of the action.
    The middle voice indicates the subject performing an action upon himself (reflexive action) or for his own benefit.
    The passive voice represents the subject as being the recipient of the action.

Do you know which voice is missing in this text? The passive and why is that? Well if your not sure it is because the individual is the one doing the action. They hear the gospel, they believe the gospel, they call on the lord. That whether you like it or not is man exercising their God given free will. << from post # 102

Martin you say I should not try to be silly. I could say you shouldn’t ignore what you theology requires. Your the one that keeps saying you have to be regenerated before you can have faith.

And then ignore what that means

Regeneration G3824
    new birth, reproduction, renewal, recreation, regeneration Thayer
    Born G1080
    Again
    G509
    from above, from a higher place Thayer

Your own words betray you Martin

>> No one can be saved without believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, just as no one can be saved without being born from above.<<

Martin you say you have to believe/have faith in Christ Jesus before you are saved, agreed.

You further state that saved means one is born from above, agreed again.

But then your calvinism says that you have to be regenerated before you can believe? And actually that God has to give you the faith so you can believe and all this happens after you are saved. Now are you now going to say that regeneration/new birth does not mean born from above.

So we either have someone saved because they believe, biblical or we have someone saved so they can be given faith to believe, calvinism.

Martin you have said that is not what regeneration means to you so I have to conclude that you have a private meaning for the word that differs from the biblical one. If so which do you think is correct? The bible or you.

Not sure what point you were trying to make with this.

>>There are texts that attribute salvation to faith without speaking of rebirth (e.g. Acts of the Apostles16:31). There are texts that attribute salvation to regeneration without speaking of faith (e.g. Titus 3:4-6). << Do you think all the words have to be used together to make them valid?

You did see the part where it says that Lydia 1} “worshiped God”, she knew the God of creation and yes God open her heart but why 2} “to heed the things spoken by Paul”.

So this fits right in with what I have pointed out a number of times.

Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent?

Hearing → Believing → Calling → Salvation

Rom 10:13 For "WHOEVER CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED."

>>Once again, you simply don't understand. I know of no orthodox Calvinist who suggests that people are saved so that they may believe.

They are regenerated so that they may believe and be saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8). <<

Your words above Martin, but that is not what the bible says that is only what your Calvinism requires.

And lest you think I am just charging you with a false accusation here is another definition form:

The Complete Word Study Dictionary by Spiros Zodhiates

G3824

παλιγγενεσία

paliggenesía; gen. paliggenesías, fem. noun from pálin (G3825), again, and génesis (G1078), generation, nation. Regeneration, restoration, renovation, rebirth.

Eph_2:8-9

Salvation results from two things: grace and faith. So what is the role that each plays? The answer is found in the prepositions “by” and “through.”

Who saves us? God saves us. How, by his grace. So what, then, is the role of faith? The key preposition for faith G4102 is “through," G1223 which refers to the means or instrumentality by which we are saved {because of, for this reason}.

We are saved by God’s grace (grace is the ground and agency of our salvation) through faith, which is the reason we receive the gift of salvation. Our faith is viewed as that way by which God’s gracious gift of salvation is received — because of our faith.

We hear the gospel, we believe the gospel, we place our faith in Christ Jesus, God saves us.

Martin I do hope this will help you come to a better understanding of the way and means of salvation[/QUOTE]What I see is you distorting the gospel into a grotesque human work. What you teach, Paul would condemn to your face.

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Closing this thread now!
    Its gotten too hot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.