1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Wilson's

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Enoch, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

The "outer" was Novak - that is right here on the web for all to see.

Did you see the meltdown at the White House yesterday? The reporter for NBC News really did a number on the Press Secretary (just saw the replay on The Al Franken Show).

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't see it but even Laura Ingraham made one of McClellan's statements her "lie of the day". I'm not sure they could pay me enough to be the press secretary of any president. It's basically like being lowered into a tank of sharks without a cage.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry. I was referring specifically to the person who told Novak.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, really?
    Perhaps you can find that yellowcake uranium for us, carpro. That, of course, would be the easiest way to discredit Wilson.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Well, I apologize.

It was the Senate Intelligence Committee.

"The bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee report last July cited the note that Ms. Plame had sent recommending her husband for the Niger mission. "Interviews and documents provided to the Committee indicate that his wife, a CPD [Counterproliferation Division] employee, suggested his name for the trip," said the report.

The same bipartisan report also pointed out that the forged documents Mr. Wilson claimed to have discredited hadn't even entered intelligence channels until eight months after his trip. And it said the CIA interpreted the information he provided in his debrief as mildly supportive of the suspicion that Iraq had been seeking uranium in Niger."

And then, if that's not enough , there's this:

"About the same time, another inquiry headed by Britain's Lord Butler delivered its own verdict on the 16 words: "We conclude also that the statement in President Bush's State of the Union Address of 28 January 2003 that 'The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa' was well-founded."

So it naturally follows:

"In short, Joe Wilson hadn't told the truth about what he'd discovered."

I believe that all amounts to what I call being "discredited". [​IMG]

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

No, not at all. Wilson's investigation was found credible - Iraq had not entered into any agreement to buy yellowcake and the documents which said otherwise were fakes.

However, the 911 commission reported that the White House claimed not to be relying on the forged documents but on Brittish intelligence
    when it claimed that Saddam Hussein had restarted his nuclear weapons programme. As for that, see the Downing Street Memos.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Alert to all Bush Haters. He will be around until 2009. Read and weep!

7. Sonjeo

Sonjeo New Member

You would say that a technicality is more important than the truth. What is important is the identity. If Rove names Plame, he names Wilson's wife, If Rove names Wilson's wife, he names Plame. Either way,under the right conditions, an undercover agent is dead. Wilsons's lies? Wilson was right about WMD in Iraq,The Bush administration was wrong about WMD in Iraq. If Rove leaked the identity in any way he should be fired for incompetence. This is the truth. [​IMG]

8. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

I could just see rove brought in for questioning
    by the Baptist elders for a lie against the pastors wife...they would not tolerate his
    spin and projecting blame...they would dispense
    with all the excuses and just plain tell him
    to repent and make it right.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, not at all. Wilson's investigation was found credible - Iraq had not entered into any agreement to buy yellowcake and the documents which said otherwise were fakes.

However, the 911 commission reported that the White House claimed not to be relying on the forged documents but on Brittish intelligence
    when it claimed that Saddam Hussein had restarted his nuclear weapons programme. As for that, see the Downing Street Memos.
    </font>[/QUOTE]That's a really strange twist to take on the Senate Intelligence Committee's report.

But all the hubbub was really over nothing because the President's 16 words were , at the time as well as now , 100% true. As confirmed by British intelligence.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You would say that a technicality is more important than the truth. What is important is the identity. If Rove names Plame, he names Wilson's wife, If Rove names Wilson's wife, he names Plame. Either way,under the right conditions, an undercover agent is dead. Wilsons's lies? Wilson was right about WMD in Iraq,The Bush administration was wrong about WMD in Iraq. If Rove leaked the identity in any way he should be fired for incompetence. This is the truth. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]We all know by now that Rove mentioned no names. A reasonable person would conclude that Wilson's wife was named Wilson. That's the name she used in public, at any rate.

So how did the reporter find out that Valerie Plame and Valerie Wilson were one and the same?

11. Sonjeo

Sonjeo New Member

"We all know by now that Rove mentioned no names. A reasonable person would conclude that Wilson's wife was named Wilson. That's the name she used in public, at any rate.

So how did the reporter find out that Valerie Plame and Valerie Wilson were one and the same?"

We are not dealing with "reasonable" people here that use Yahoo people search to find these things out. You tell enemy agents Wilson's wife is CIA and they are all over it. Why try such "gymnastics" to try to cover Rove.
    As for the name, we will see. Novak certainly knew something but obviously one of these characters knows.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a reasonable question.

Do you have an answer?

13. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Either you are forgetting where Joseph Wilson was during the first Gulf War, or you are making a deliberate effort to omit that fact. Wilson served under George H.W. Bush as well as Bill Clinton. Please dispense with these conspiracy theories that he is some sort of "Democrat activist." Come on, CMG: I still think you're better than that.

This is foolishness. Please provide us with some evidence to support such a claim. Otherwise, don't make disparaging comments about someone who served our country. Whether or not you agree/agreed with her politics, she is one of the "good guys" in the War on Terror.

Like I said, I still think you're better than this, CMG.

Regards,
    BiR
    </font>[/QUOTE]Oh, you should know by now that I am not better than anything. I cannot link where Mrs. Wilson worked for WMDs in the CIA because I cannot remember which of 3 or 4 newspapers that I was looking at. But it is a fact.

I don't think Wilson was ever a Republican--I think that he has always been a Democrat and I think that if he ever said that he was a Republican it was a lie to get a job--he padded his resume.

14. Sonjeo

Sonjeo New Member

Do you have an answer?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Lol, writting "It's a reasonable question" infers I'am trying to skirt the question. You know better than that. I gave my answer but I guess you missed it. "We will see" means I do not have an answer but the primary point would be that if a reporter can figure it out then an enemy agent certainly can. I need to post this again:

Isn't the truth more important than a technicality. The truth is if Rove names Valerie Plame he names Wilson's wife. If Rove names Wilson's wife he names Valerie Plame. Either way, under the right conditions, an undercover agent is dead. The law was written to keep CIA agents alive not so lawyers can get political tacticians like Rove off the hook. At the very least, incompentence means, Rove should be gone.

15. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Why did Joseph Wilson not write a written report on his trip to Niger?

Novak
    Why is the only “report” he wrote an op-ed he sent to the NYT’s?
    Is this the character of a professional with the best intent for our country?

Carpo
    Clifford D. May September 29, 2003
    http://www.defenddemocracy.org/in_the_media/in_the_media_show.htm?doc_id=194063

Liberals look at the entire picture here not just at Carl Rove, especially since my thread is about the WILSON’S. Joseph Wilson lost all credibility. The real story here is not Carl Rove.

House Majority Leader Tom DeLay told FOX News

16. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Robert Novak

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Do you have an answer?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Lol, writting "It's a reasonable question" infers I'am trying to skirt the question. You know better than that. I gave my answer but I guess you missed it. "We will see" means I do not have an answer but the primary point would be that if a reporter can figure it out then an enemy agent certainly can. I need to post this again:

Isn't the truth more important than a technicality.
    </font>[/QUOTE]The truth is that it was common knowledge in DC circle that Plame was MRS. Wilson's maiden name and that she worked for the CIA. She was not undercover at the time and not likely to be since everyone knew who she was. Ergo the CIA could have cared less about Novaks story.

It is the truth that Rove broke no laws so technically, who cares?
    ;)

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since the liberals apparently can't win national elections, this is all they have left - basically the equivalent of a Chihuahua barking at the feet of Godzilla. [​IMG]

19. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the link, ASLANSPAL. It helps to clear up the situation for me a lot. I have not previously seen the events outlined that clearly. [​IMG] All I had heard or read was from the loudmouths on the Left and the Right.