1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Wisest?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cutter, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Cutter

Cutter New Member

What is the wisest idea, thought, concept, or thing you have learned from a fellow member on the BB? The one that really stuck with me recently was, we cannot convict anyone of their sin, or make our convictions their convictions, that is the work of the Holy Spirit. So plain, simple, and obvious, yet very profound. I wish I could remember who wrote it so I could give credit. Maybe one of you knows who it was or if you are the one, you are willing to step forward and be recognized. Anyway, thanks!

2. nunatak

nunatak New Member

The main point of wisdom I have gleaned from discussing issues with you guys is, I ain't as smart as I thought I was, lol.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe, help my unbelief.

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

One can certainly find some real wise guys on the Baptist Board. :thumbs: ;) :laugh:

Ed

5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Ed Sutton taught me to be wise to urban legends regarding placement of Bible verses such as Psalm 118:8 as the center verse of the KJV. Sense then I have been very aware of misleading entities that seek to make fools of all of us. :godisgood:

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Not that I deserve any credit for this, but thanks for the compliment.

I might offer that one reason I'm suspicious, in that manner, is that I have been "taken in" by such things, myself, in the past, and any and all of us are subject to be mislead. If being mislead could easily happen to two Apostles (Peter and Barnabas - Gal. 2), it certainly can happen to me much more easily, I would think.

Ed

#6 EdSutton, Jun 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2008