1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Work of Christ in Genesis

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Seth3, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Hi everyone. I'm new here and been a reading member of the forum and I decided if I had anything I might want to share I'd pop on here and give it a shot. I'm just looking at Genesis and the spiritual comparison made in accordance to the plan of salvation. I hope your blessed, I was in studying it.

Mystery of Sun moon and stars

Now the stars were for "signs" what kind of sign? Elsewhere it says, “Here I am and the children God has given me, WE are for SIGNS”(psalms) I believe elsewhere it says He calls THEM by NAME.

Stars were made the FOURTH DAY.

Now lets look at Lazarus. AFTER TWO DAYS Jesus was told that Lazarus was sick. What did Jesus do? HE WAITED TWO MORE DAYS. On the FOURTH DAY Jesus comes to him. But He did wait(delayed).

Jesus says, "This sickness is not unto death" (though Jesus states later that He is DEAD).

Now in proverbs it says HOPE DEFERED MAKES THE HEART SICK.

Heres the Workings of our SALVATION in this very picture. Lazarus HOPED AGAINST HOPE AND DIED not recieving the promises (as Paul states in times past). But heres the beauty. Jesus WANTED HIM TO DIE.

Why?

For PRECIOUS IN THE SIGHT OF THE LORD IS THE DEATH OF HIS SAINTS. On the Fourth day Jesus calls to LAZARUS.

"LAZARUS COME FORTH" Take off the grave clothes LET HIM LOOSE.

Here is *LAZARUS (Called by Name=FOURTH DAY) and is a SIGN (as all stars are) to all Isreal as was Jesus Christ. Just as the Angel told Mary He would be a SIGN to be *SPOKEN AGAINST. He’s IN THE RESSURECTION= CHRIST. CHRIST IS THE RESSURECTION HIMSELF.

This is some awesome Stuff here.

Notice Jesus is troubled when they say, "Could not this Jesus keep Lazarus from dying"? The point is we MUST DIE that the Life of Christ who is THE RESSURECTION be revealed IN US as STARS to BECOME A SIGN as Lazarus was a Sign (and they sought to kill Lazarus afterward as well)

So hope deferred makes the “heart sick” (sickness does not lead to death- a paradox in the picture) BUT A LONGING FULFILLED IS THE TREE OF LIFE.

The Greatness of our God is truly seen in this! A picture of Stars for signs for Spiritual truths in accordance with the works of Christ. He was telling the truth that the scriptures testified of HIM.

I read somewhere, “Lo I COME in the VOLUME of thy book it is written of ME.

The Sun and the Moon (in type or pattern)

Now there are TWO GREAT LIGHTS. The MOON (lesser Light to govern the Night) those in darkness do not know what they do (Natural man) As John one born of women (Jesus said) there was NONE GREATER then John the Baptist (He was a LIGHT=LESSER LIGHT). The Law prophesied until JOHN. So here’s John (a witness and a Light) is as the MOON = TURNED TO BLOOD. Beheaded for the Testimony of Christ. Christ does not accept mans testimony any longer He said. John was a light that burned for a TIME, And Jesus said you chose to enjoy that light . BUT I HAVE A GREATER TESTIMONY THEN THAT OF JOHN. John had to DECREASED (MOON UNDER FEET) that He might INCREASE.

HE that is “LEAST” IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS “GREATER” THEN HE (JOHN).

Now we have The SUN As PAUL (SAVED BY HIS GOSPEL) Did NOT learn it from MAN But RECIEVED IT BY A REVELATION.The Greater Testimony of the Spirit of God. PAUL LEAST OF ALL THE APPOSTLES was GREATER THEN JOHN because HE HAD THE TESTIMONY OF THE SPIRIT (GREATER LIGHT)=EVERLASTING GOSPEL.

The SUN RULES "THE DAY"= We are CHILDREN OF THE DAY.

All the HEAVENLY HOST are seen in this picture The STARS. =Fourth Day are shown as SIGNS (To be spoken against just as the Angel said Jesus would be a sign that would be spoken against. (Sign one is sealed by the Spirit of God)

Now Paul said we are already seated in heavenly places (raised up with Him)

The Stars are Gods Children (a light in a dark world a City on a Hill) CHILDREN OF THE RESSURECTION (Christ) are as the ANGELS.

Moon (Lesser Light to rule Night)= John= MOON, Turned to BLOOD= BEHEADED = MUST DECREASE (UNDER FEET) That Christ might INCREASE.

SUN= Greater Light which is by Revelation = Given to Paul

STARS= Children of the RESSURECTION= who He calls by Name and as Lazarus on the FOURTH Day they came out and were raised up.

These all relate to the psalms which speak of the stars declaring the glory of God. Only the Stars can (being they are behold it) because as the stars which are for Signs they are the children of the resurrection and are as the angels here on earth though seated in heavenly places.

Hope this blesses someone. I'm going to post the Cross of Christ showing alot more of him especially on what is called the first day and the Seventh its completely Christ in perfect order. I'll clean it up before posting. I'm not too skilful in any kind of composition. So please forgive me if it was a bit sloppy (I'll have to agree with you) ;)

God Bless

Seth3

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Welcome to the BB Seth. Hope that you will find your stay enjoyable. If you post in this forum you better be prepared for some tough questions and hard debate.
    The Bible says to "be ready always to give an answer of the reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear."

It seems that someone has introduced to numerology which can easily be destroyed, for the numerous loopholes and unsound theology it has in it. I don't have the time to go through the whold thread so I will give you just one example.
    The words "forth" and "fourth" are very much different. Read the same verse in another translation:

John 11:43 When he had said this, he cried with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!" (WEB)

"Here is Lazarus (called by Name==COME OUT DAY)...Does that make a lot of sense? Of course not. Numerology is for the birds. You are reading into Scripture things that are not there.
    DHK

3. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

DHK,

Its ok you have what I was saying wrong, I’m not comparing “Come forth” with Fourth at all. But the Spiritual truths in pictures comparing spiritual with spiritual concerning the HOPE of the Ressurection of the dead. That IS our Hope. And is “not for the birds” as you say, but for those who love the Lord in whose eyes their death is precious.

John 2:11 When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he abode two days still in the same place where he was.

John 11:17 Then when Jesus came, he found that he had [lain] in the grave FOUR DAYS already.

Hosea 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight

When saying to Lazarus "Come forth" its as being "raised up" or seated as the stars in heavenly places with Christ. The Sign of the ressurection is as the sign of Christ in us and is a sign to be spoken against as the Angel said to Mary and as Paul said to those on who the Spirit of the glory of God rests. The fragrance of life to one and of death to another.

You just misunderstood my comparison that’s all. Indeed Gods Sabbath has a True Spiritual meaning and it itself is spoken about concerning the Seventh day (Even as Paul said) it related to entering into our rest. If numbers were insignificant we would not be told if we had wisdom we could calculate the number of the beast now right? Both man and beast were made on the same day and it was "the sixth" which certainly falls "short" of seven. Gods number has divine meanings attached meanings speak of our salvation.

As for what you say in being challenged with debate,as the Lords servant I am not encouraged to be quarrelsome or contentious. So I will just bring the bread I receive from the Lord and if your blessed wonderful if not that’s ok too.

God bless

Seth3

[ October 22, 2004, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Seth3 ]

4. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Another thought DHK,

The basic elemental teaching of our Salvation in Christ is that He died for our sins and was raised up on the third day. I believe numbers are very significant as in fact is our basic understanding of the gospel confers on us the significance of the third day itself and how it relates to Jesus being raised.

God bless

Seth3

5. Gup20

Gup20 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    While the numbers are fascinating... and it's always interesting to see patterns and repetitive numbers in the Word... the problem with it is it's very nature.

It's purpose and nature is finding patterns and then using those patterns for prediction. The problem is that the predictions are not Word predictions... they are man predictions based on Word patterns. It is not true prophecy. You will run into problems when you start putting the same 'stock' in numeric predictions as you do in the actual written word. Because it is not actual written Word, it is an idea based on truth... rather than being absolute truth. If you put too much emphasis on quasi truth, you WILL be lead astray. If it is used as 'signs' of the times, that is one thing - but you cannot base your theology and doctrine upon it because it's not hard copy Word. The Bible doesn't say 'the number three means xyz', therefore, any significance we assign the number... while interesting and insightful... isn't sound exegesis, but rather a human inferance. Therefore, the results of such should be tempered and 'taken with a grain of salt'.

6. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

I was teaching on ACTS and was in the last chapter, where the serpent crawls out of the fire and fastens onto Paul's hand. I said I see this as symbolic of Satan's attempts to stop Paul's ministry, and how futile the attempts always turned out to be; &lt;i&gt; not that this was necessarily the intent of the original passage, but I couldn't help but be reminded of this from the story &lt;/i&gt;

Teaching about things we find that share a pattern that is not definately affirmed as being connected in Scripture can be done in this way and still get the message across.

7. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Gup20 Its not a prediction as in days months or years but a day that dawns inside each of us when we see the truth being quickened in us who believe.

For example, the Seventh day (Sabbath made for man) is a "Rest" we enter into to. The Spiritual nature of what we obtain within us not outside us. But SOME did not enter see? So the Seventh day is a Spiritual reality not a natural one. We are to compare spiritual with spiritual for the law itself is spiritual.

No problem, God both reveals and teaches us all.

God Bless

Seth3

8. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Amen Paul of Eugene,

Paul shared that the old was patterns and in many ways these are seen do confirm the Spiritual truths of our salvation and the Truth of them is Jesus Christ Himself to which our Lord agreed that these did in fact Testify of Him alone. So I guess we could say, "if we are not seeing Jesus in them, what are we looking at"?

The Pharisees had the scriptures and (no one knew them better) but Jesus said to those looking at the natural truths in them according to their understanding that they knew not the scriptures (yet no one knew them better its a divine truth here) they did not know the power of God either.But Himself Christ is the Wisdom and power of God Amen?

The scriptures bore witness of Him in whom we have life. But Jesus said to them (concerning the scriptures) that ye think "in them" you have eternal life but they testify of me. Yet you refuse to come to me that ye might have life.

They could not see this. Jesus IS the Truth of them. The manifestation of all that was written was written of Gods Son Jesus Christ.

God Bless

Seth3