1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Wussification of Christianity

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by tinytim, Aug 12, 2010.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Scarlett is the kind of woman you DO NOT mess with. She even threatened me with a rolling pin once.

2. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Wouldn't you want both kinds of songs since there are men and women in church?

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not if you have feminine men. In every church I have pastored were men who were leaders but not leading. They were more like women than men. It was rather interesting what their wives said sometimes. I have seen wives who tell their husbands what to do until it is time to make decision they do not want to make. I have never seen that with men who lead in their homes and are not afraid to make decisions and say, "No." I am finding fewer and fewer men who are willing to step out in faith without getting paralyzed by thoughts of security and philosophical analysis of a plan they must have in place.

Today I spoke with a man who just retired from the grocery store business and he told me that he has never seen a grocery store manager who was always analyzing that was ever successful. Walking in faith like Abraham did requires risk and trusting God as you go. I hear so many men talk about how they need retirement benefits, insurance and the ability to buy a home. How many of those THINGS are in heaven? They have already counted the cost of following Jesus and have not wanted to pay the price. They have not given everything to God yet.

Men leading provide challenge, risk, and growth. Women provide stability and warmth. Feminine acting men provide counter-Christianity.

#23 gb93433, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2010
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These are just opinions on your part.....Ive seen women who could rip your head off & blah, Blah, blah down your neck. Bunch of rubbish. Look at Scripture Proverbs 31:10-31 Wife of Noble Character. Now there is a woman!

Regarding effeminate men....have you seen this commercial? It sums up my opinion of how to deal with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFgiUm4lQig

#24 Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010
  5. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

OK, this has the potential to trespass into the realm of the silly.

Since when was providing for the future needs of my family, particularly if and when I'm gone--part of my role as a provider (there's a man-label for ya)...effiminate?