1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Year of Living Biblically

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Aaron, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Relevant Mag did an interview with him. Very interesting read.

Thankfully we aren't under the Law but grace.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I bought the book, and it's a very interesting read. Jacobs asked some good questions.

I don't agree that we cannot know why. We're told that All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I think we're accountable to know why the Jews were forbidden to wear clothes of mixed fibers, and that there is a spiritual significance to the church.

So what do you think? What is the spiritual significance of Lev. 19:19?

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This candid admission stunned me. It shouldn't have, because Jesus said that though we ourselves are evil, we know how to give good gifts unto our children. I just didn't think of "good things" in terms of ethics. I expected that one whose world view was one of moral relativism would not see the evil in their view and would want to raise his child the same way.

But Jacobs, an agnostic and moral relativist, sees the danger in the things he regards as truth, and the benefits in teaching things in which he himself doesn't believe.​

Jesus was right again. Jacobs knows what is good for his child.​