1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Theological Phrases and Song Lyrics That Will Drive Anyone Nuts

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by saturneptune, Feb 14, 2011.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Hello David,
    Long time no see. You got me on the translations of words. I am just a lay person who does what he can for a local Baptist church. The difference I see is that we as Christians have the Holy Spirit living in us who is powerful enough to overcome or escape any temptation, although at times we do not take that path. A trial or long term difficult situation (which can cause tremendous stress) is something that is not quite as simple as avoiding a temptation. In that case, only the Lord can give us the strength to endure it. If it is a learning experience from the Lord, there probably is no immediate escape, only trust in the Lord to get through it. Hope all is well with you and your family.

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Now thats funny :laugh::laugh:

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

It drives me up a WALL when a local group comes in to sing---and they get up on stage and start making excuses for the "whatever"

Here's a few lines to get them started

"Now, we're not here to entertain!! We just want to praise the Lord!!"

I always want to stand up and say-----"Well, why don't cha then!!! Quit messin' around and sing!!!!!!!!"

Here's another one

"Now, ya'll just bare with us while we try to do this one!!"

Then they start singing---and I'm thinkin'---------"You know!! IF they would just PRACTICE every now and then----and if they get rid of THAT guy who thinks he can sing Tenor----and get them a guy that can sing Bass like a man ought to sing Bass---they might have somethin' there!!!"

Then---they get up on stage and all of um have a bottle of water each up there with them-----and after every song---they all have to gargle before they get with the next song!!!

Then that local "SANGIN'" group travels off to a REAL Southern Gospel convention up in Nashville or someplace nice like that and they hear some REAL singing-----they come back to the local setting and try to "Sang" just like those groups up on stage there in Nashville

Then the local group thinks they have to be funny and cute and they try to crack jokes or tease each other on stage between songs-----or then they try to introduce the next song they want to sing and the person introducing the song trys to "tear up" and she gets her Kleenex out and starts wipeing Mascaria and all---------great day!!!!!!!!!

On and on the list can go----but Baptist Board doesn't have the bandwidth to complete the list!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 blackbird, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011
  4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Farther Along We'll Know All About It.

These lyrics don't drive me nuts, just the opposite.

Even Christians can go down into the Pit (temporarily).

I'm sure many can relate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gGgtyy2xKw

HankD