1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Theology & Bible Study, Where am I wrong in my understanding?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Apr 24, 2018.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMHO the following is also relevant to the question of the OT saints being born again.

Lev 23:5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover.
    Is this the day Jesus the Christ, the Lamb that takes away the sin of the world, died?

And after this Joseph of Arimathaea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave him leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus. And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight. Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.

And a man that is clean shall gather up the ashes of the heifer, and lay them up without the camp in a clean place, and it shall be kept for the congregation of the children of Israel for a water of separation: it is a purification for sin. Num 19:9

He that toucheth the dead body (nephesh) of any man shall be unclean seven days. He shall purify himself with it (the water of separation) on the third day, and on the seventh day he shall be clean: but if he purify not himself the third day, then the seventh day he shall not be clean.

Were Joseph and Nicodemus unclean for touching the dead body (nephesh) of Jesus?

and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed [NU-Text reads loves us and freed; M-Text reads loves us and washed.] us from our sins in His own blood, Rev 1:5 NKJV
    For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 1 Cor 15:3,4

And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 1 Cor 15:17.18

Were Joseph and Nicodemus unclean and still in their sins, at the end of the 15th day of the first month? Lev 23:6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.
    Were they unclean and still in their sins, at the end of the 16th day of the first month?
    Were they unclean and still in their sins, at the end of the 17th day of the first month?

Were their sins washed away in the blood of Christ on the third day and completely clean (unleavened) on the 21th day of the month?

and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, Rev 1:5 NKJV

This Jesus hath God raised up, (From the dead V 23) whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. Acts 2:32,33
    not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; Titus 3:5,6
    For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 1 Peter 3:18 see also Romans 8:11

Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. Titus 3:6,7 Rom 8:24,25,17,23

Is that hope, eternal life of the body?

For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Acts 2:25-27

Did Jesus of Nazareth (In the aortic tense) receive the hope which we, will, receive?

2. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel (See Gal 1:7-12): Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.2 Tim 2:8-10
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Amen to the hope of Glory.

This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. Acts 2:32,33
    And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. John 17:5
    And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:16-18

Amen to Christ in you>