1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Theology from the Sidelines

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by DocTrinsoGrace, Sep 8, 2013.

1. DocTrinsoGrace

DocTrinsoGrace New Member

Two arm chair theologians were discussing the authorship of Hebrews. Based on their personal sense erudition, neither were inclined to accept the traditional authorship of the book. Oh no, it couldn't possibly have been Paul, they argued.

"You know," said one, "I have often thought that Hebrews might well have been written by a woman."

After some thought, the other replied, "No, it could not have been a woman, for he writes in chapter 13, verse 22, 'I have written a letter unto you in few words.'"

Momentarily crestfallen by the reasoning of this observation, the first man cogitated for a moment. Then he brightened, "Ah, yes, but it must have been written by a woman. You see, it took her 13 chapters before writing that!"

The other man reluctantly conceded the point as being logically inescapable. :tonofbricks:

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great!!! :applause: (my wife didn't think it funny but I like it)

3. DocTrinsoGrace

DocTrinsoGrace New Member

Please give my apologies to the missus. If it helps any, tell her my wife wasn't too excited about my posting it. I'm in the dog house. :tonofbricks:

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But it was worth it.