1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Theology that leads to rebellion?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by glfredrick, Jan 31, 2011.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know zilch about MEs or what they teach. The Effectual Call and the Gospel Call i.e. regeneration and conversion are very old sound Baptist doctrines.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

As someone who doesn't believe Scripture shows a difference, you'll need to do better than that to prove the two salvation theory.

3. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

My response to this issue is, "Why would we number the elect?" That there are elect of God is a Scriptural fact. But I've not seem them numbered, save for very vague terms like "few" or "many" that can mean vastly different things depending on vantage point and context.

For instance, God, seeing all things including the future population of earth, may use a term like "few" to describe those who find that narrow path, but from that perspective, the "few" could be trillions... Depends on how large the population of this world gets before He decides to call it a day and how many "fall away" in the end days, as prophesied in Scripture. We may loose more in one generation than in the entire history of the human race up to that point.

I would say that making an argument for synergism or for continued rebellion based on a very human tendency, such as an attempt to number the elect, is just another sin against God who said just as clearly, "Whosoever will..." (The "whosoever" necessarily being the elect!)

4. mets65

mets65 New Member

Couldn't it be sad it's how how we get there, it's that we get to the destination? There is nothing different between me and a calvinist that truly believes, as far as where we will spend eternity.

5. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

True...

As long as the one who decides that he or she needs to somehow arrive at God, and who perhaps runs ahead of God akin to the way Israel did when they made the golden calf while waiting for God, who was dealing with Moses on behalf of the people. In a sense, I see those who are having to decide to act on God's behalf, just to make sure they are chosen, doing almost the same thing, which is why I call it rebellion.

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

That is ONLY because you can hide behind your computer screen from whence you launch your assaults.

7. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

God does it all, He shewed me my evil ways, he lead me on a path of salvation, he taught me his truth, and he lead me to a fountain of living water and in the end wiped all tears from my eyes. I believe these scriptures show that
    Psa 25:4 Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.
    Psa 25:5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
    Psa 143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
    Rev 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

God did it all.

Grace peace and prayers

#67 Old Union Brother, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
  8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I see recess is over. Is this another physical threat, "pastor"? As much as you might want to think, I'm not scared or intimidated by anyone here. I can hold my own.

9. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I have not made a threat. You are the one who started this stupid childish mess about not being intimidated by kyredneck.

I am just pointing out to you that you are only not intimidated because you are hiding behind a computer screen.

You would not be so bold towards he or myself over a bowl of gumbo- I guarantee it.

So why don't you stop with this- "I am not afraid of you!" business when no one is trying to intimidate you?

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ah, I would be just as bold if you would talk to me in person like you talk to me online...I guarantee it. I prefer jambalya, btw, and make a pretty good one next time you are in town.

Krydneck is a big boy, let him fight his own battles. As a man I'm not going to have you or he tell me to "shut up over it". A lot of nerve crying over what Quantum agrees with.

11. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I love jambalaya. I have no idea where you live.

12. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

True! If we do not reflect our sin against an Holy God, whom else do we use for comparison and how do we know just how sinful we really are?

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is scriptural evidence of the possibility that this passage doesn't speak of eternal separation.

1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

HankD​