1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

There are two Israels...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by J.D., Nov 28, 2008.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

My point is that we all post opinions. I have one..you have one. So what Allan says for others, can be said toward him....and I just did. Call it harassing if you want. If I harassed him, I used his own words to harass. What does this say about his post? But I know Allan is better then this, and he will raise to the level that makes him a good debater

Opinions....This is what the debates are about. To bring this up each time, is pointless.

I say this not to agree nor disagree with his views on the subject. I say it to point out his folly.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So now that you have made your point you can move on?

3. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is just your opinion so who cares?

...see what I mean?

4. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, let's get back on topic.

See my question for Pastor Larry.

If there is an "Israel according to the flesh", doesn't that mean that there must be an "Israel NOT according to the flesh"?

5. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

I don't put too much in man's comunataries (?) The're just men's opinions, but the Bible speaks of two separate Israels and we Primitive Baptist have no trouble accepting it.

6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

No. Read Romans 9. True Israel is those who are both genetically descendants of Abraham and have the faith of Abraham. In other words, in Romans 9, the second group is a subset of the first.

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I repeat: The Apostle Paul certainly teaches that Spiritual Israel and the Church are the same. Simply read the parable of the olive tree in Romans 11.

8. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Repeating it wont' make it true. It simply isn't true. The NT makes consistent distinctions between Israel and the church.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No. True Israel consists of those who have been circumcised in the heart, not the flesh.

If what you say is true, then then proselytes could not have been part of true Israel because they were not actual descendants of Abraham.

10. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Romans chapter 11 teaching very clear about the olive tree. Itself is all about Jesus Christ-salvation. Same with John 15:1- Christ is "the true vine". At first, all Jews were in vine. Gentiles were wild branches, ans were separated from the commonwealth of Israel as strangers. When Christ came to earth, he died on the cross, he made both Jews and Gentiles reconciled together became one. Any jews who are disbelief, are removed from the tree. But, the remain believing Jews are still in tree. God added Gentiles upon tree join with believing Jews together, "so ALL Israel shall be saved", Gentiles or Church does replaced Israel. Israel is now expanding because God already graft Gentiles into tree join with believing Jews together. Tree is all about belief and abide. If anyone do not remain belief or not abide in Christ, shall be removed from tree same with John 15:4,6.

Romans chapter 11 is not talk about carnal natural Israel as earthly nation. It talks about spiritual -salvation, if anyone is in Christ is salvation.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

11. OldRegular

Not between Spiritual Israel, the believing remnant, and the Church.

12. OldRegular

Good points AmyG and DeafPosttrib!:thumbs:

13. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Correct, but a true Israelite could never be less than an Israelite.

Correct to some degree. But remember they were proselytes to the nation of Israel. They were not their own entity. But they did not have all the prerogatives of Israelites.

14. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Exactly. This is called the church. It isn't called Israel in the NT.

Incorrect. "So all Israel will be saved" is referring to the Israel. Again, simply read the context. A hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in. You would have us believe that God hardens his church (Israel). But clearly, Israel in that context is national Israel. Not the church. They are hardened, folks.

It is actually talking about both ... the spiritual salvation of national Israel. If you simply read the passage and insert "church" everytime you see Israel, you will very quickly see the absurdity that you are proposing.

15. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

This is simply untrue. Again, all we need to do is read the passages and exhcnage "Israel" for "church." It is absurd and will make you laugh if you read it carefully. It makes no sense.,

16. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Pastor Larry,

Excuse me, I was typed 'replaced' in bold word. I made mistake. I should say: "Church does NOT replaced Israel". Israel is now expanding. Church never replace Israel.

Church in Greek word Ekkias means called out. There were many ekkias in the Old Testament in LXX translation and also in Greek before 1611 A.V. translated it. Clearly, Church was rigght there in the Old Testament long before Christ came to earth.

Church is also simple mean God's people, well also, Israel simple mean God's people, both are no difference.

God don't care what race, color people we are. God interests that we are IN Christ by through the faith. Either Jew or Gentile who have faith in Jesus, are on the same boat - salvation. Well also, we have abide in Christ, as we are on the same tree, which remain believing Jews are already in. We are the Israel of God. This is speaking of spiritual nation - 2 Peter 2:9.

Understand clear?

In Christ

17. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Larry,

Nowhere in Romans chapter suggests that there will be literal earthly physical nation as rebirth nation again in the future.

Romans chapter 11 deals about salvation which is IN Jesus Christ as tree. Tree pictured of a Cross.

In Christ

18. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Okay, let's agree that "Israel NOT according to the flesh" is believing genetic jews. But can we say that this subset consists ONLY of genetic Jews when we consider these scriptures:

19. OldRegular

The truth never makes me laugh! Obstinacy does!:laugh: Anyhow I never said anything about replacing the word Church with Spiritual Israel. The OT never uses the term Spiritual Israel but it does speak of the believing remnant, though perhaps not in those exact words.

Even Scofield in his original reference Bible states that the Song of Solomon [Old Testament] is an allegory of the love of Jesus Christ for His Bride, the Church.

20. Navymans

Navymans New Member

Ok I am planning on going there this spring, now I am confused which one of the two do I book the trip for? I dont want to end up at the wrong one..lol