1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

There Is No Beauty That We Should Desire Him!

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Jun 15, 2017.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was talking to another Christian the other day and he said well according to scripture Jesus was a homely ugly man... Well I do know that the long haired Jesus and the description of him in statues and painting were as history states it was by homosexual artist and they portray in their various art a feminine Jesus... The Roman Catacombs show a young man with short hair... Not that it matters to me... He's my Lord and Savior but what are your thoughts and comments on Isaiah 53?... Brother Glen:)

Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.