1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

There is No Fiscal Cliff

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...The political and news media Left have fashioned an artificial club called “the fiscal cliff”.

They are now standing on national television pounding their club and describing more and more horrifying outcomes if Republicans refuse to surrender their principles and appease the fiscal cliff Gods as defined by the Left.

Their goal is to panic the country so the people will then apply pressure to panic the Republicans.

Every time you hear “fiscal cliff” just remember it is an artificial invention of the Left.

Every time you hear a dire warning about the coming crisis remember the Samoans pounding their war clubs and chanting.

House Republicans should start legislating solutions they believe in, allow President Obama’s alternatives the honest chance to win a floor vote, and move forward.

The current negotiations are phony, dishonest, and calculated to produce either a failure to be blamed on the Republicans or a success defined by the collapse of the Republican policy positions.

Republicans would be far better off to refocus their energy on legislation, appropriation, oversight, and communication — and relegate negotiation to being fifth on their priority list.

http://www.gingrichproductions.com/2012/11/there-is-no-fiscal-cliff/

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're Correct on this....

....it is one big fiscal fiasco! :laugh:

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

It's easy to control the country when the propaganda news media spin it in favor of the left every time. I'm still shaking my head that this Prez got re-elected, when polls say most Americams are conservative. Just shows how powerful our corupt media is. They push the right buttons and the Lemmings walk off the cliff. oops, fiscal cliff.

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

AMEN to that.

I get into too many arguments when I hear people say "Did you see 'that' on the news?". Some are so brainwashed they refuse to listen to just the possibility there may be more to the story.

For example, they don't want to hear that Harry Reid has blocked xyz legislation, approved in the House, from reaching the Senate floor for a vote. Don't want to hear it because it just may be contrary to the propaganda that was fed to them in 'that' news story.

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Regardless of what one thinks about the "fiscal cliff," our elected officials are paid to govern this nation in a competent and timely manner. They are paid well. There is no excuse for the drama. I wish the American people had the backbone to throw everyone of them out of office. Obviously they do not. Compare the Congress before and after election day.