1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

These Boards Pretty Much Disgust Me!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Blackhawkk, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I suppose Paul should never have gone to Mars Hill to discuss with the philosophers because there would be debate.

The Baptist Board is something like a Christian sponsored Mars Hill. Not everyone here is going to be saved. Christians are going to vary in their maturity. Some will act with maturity and propiety. Some will be immature, rude, and belligerant. This is not a local church - it has no authority in spiritual matters. It is merely a discussion board owned and moderated by believers.

In your last post Blackhawk you were guilty of all that disgusts you about this place with your comments about PastorSBC. In your OP you put quotation marks around "Christian," implying that there is a question about their salvation. This kind of action directly contravenes a verse you used - "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Proverbs 15:1.

You say, All I ask that you seek the Bible for truth... " Yet in your OP you went much farther in imlporing the owner of this board to close it. Which do you ask of the BB, to heed your request, or for it to be closed?

You have unjustly judged the members of this board. If you had simple advised members here to be more godly in their discussions and asked them to apply Bible principles to their posting I would agree that your advice was needed. You have gone much further than that in asking for its closure.

I still am having a hard time understanding why a person would continue to visit a place which they find disgusting. I am offended by what takes place here at times, we all are. I have also been challenged, had my interest piqued, and even greatly edified. People here have encouraged me during some of the darkest days of our ministry. There are people here who pray for our ministry every day as a result of conversations here. In many of the cases we have disagreed on issues yet they still love us and pray for us. We have received care packages from friends in the states we have met here. As a direct result of this board's existence there is a meeting taking place in Co Sligo, Ireland today between a Baptist pastor and a man who is seeking to know more about Christ. His interest was piqued by a member of the Baptist Board and her faithful dealing with him for seven years. The connection was made through a thread on this board.

Should everyone apply Bible principles to their posts here? Of course.

Close the Baptist Board? I think not.

Mod note: As this is not really a current events story I am moving to the "Other Christian Denominations" forum to avoid closure after three pages and so that it is in a more appropriate place.

#21 NaasPreacher (C4K), Sep 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2006
  2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I totally agree with this assessment.
    The OP was neither edifying, nor did it contribute anything of any value to this board. Please keep in mind that this forum is a debate forum not a complaint forum. If you have a legitimate topic to debate Blacikhawk then you are welcome to do so. But if it is complaining that you desrire to engage in please find somewhere else to do it.
    Thank you for your cooperation. This thread is now closed.
    DHK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.