1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Things that are different are now apparently the same

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by natters, Aug 27, 2004.

1. natters

natters New Member

In another thread that is now nonexistent, GrannyGumbo said about the Geneva/KJV comparison: "Is it the same...yes, just in a different and better form."

I don't understand, for you are saying it is "the same" and "different" in the same sentence.

If the Geneva is the "same" as the KJV, why is it "different" than the KJV? Is Acts 12:4 the same? The Geneva has "passover", the KJV has "Easter". That is not the same. Michelle says the Geneva was God's word, but also that the Geneva has it wrong. Wrong is not the same as right. Michelle's attempt at explanation is that God corrected his word. Can you explain Michelle's comments, since you said you understand them? Do you believe, like Michelle, that God was in error and had to correct himself? Do you believe, like Michelle, that what was "God's word" on one day was "wrong" the next day?

GrannyGumbo said "Another thing you missed: "I will step out of this now."

I didn't miss that either. I simply hoped that you would explain the contradiction that you would NEVER accept if one of us said it instead of Michelle. [​IMG]

2. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just FYI, I pulled the thread for review and notified the topic starter. It still exists and will or will not be restored pending a consensual decision of the moderators.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Clint Kritzer
    Administrator