1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Third Party Debate

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Reformer, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Reformer

Reformer New Member

For those interested i just got this in an email.

#1 Reformer, Oct 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2008
  2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At this point, I will not throw away my vote on a third party candidate. That's how Clinton got into office.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Voting your conscience is never throwing away a vote.... :BangHead:

4. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You WOULD, press voting this direction. :rolleyes: But, my conscience tells me that I might as well throw away my vote if I voted third party, so hopefully not too many will fall for your self serving, motivated line of thinking, since we both know it would most assuredly take votes away from McCain. ;)

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Actually I was serious, voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. (sorry, I can't remember who I'm quoting from the other thread)

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

We could start this series of personal attacks again; one side saying that to vote third party is self serving and voting for Obama, and the other side saying that to blindly vote Republican is playing into their greedy little sef serving interest, but that is not helpful, even though we have had this debate 5-6 times in the last month. We have had enough personal attacks over the precious right to vote.

Instead, may we reflect on the words of one of our founding fathers, who I think, early on, captured the essence of voting choices:

-John Quincy Adams

with thanks to whoever it was that first posted this marvelous quote.

7. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A little strong on the defense, or should I say offense, to go off on "self serving" as a personal attack. Give me a break! You got an agenda, and LeBuick has an agenda, and that is why both are you are so quick to counter someone who would not NOT throw away their vote on a third party. I don't keep up on the political treads here, but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck either. :rolleyes: If you truly feel one should ONLY vote for principle, I'm sure you can write in someone you like better than Obama. Use your conviction on that quote about principle theory, and logic, and be my guest. :thumbs:

#7 Benjamin, Oct 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2008
  8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thanks for your gracious permission.

I think I will follow Pres Adam's sage advice and vote for someone other than the two losers who are heading the main tickets, a vote that I can live with the rest of my life.

BTW, what is my agenda?

9. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Most other democracies in the world have more than two parties with legitimate candidates but usually two parties dominate. It would be interesting to see if one or more other parties have the organisation and identification with a large group of Americans to make some headway into the oligarchy of the Republicans and Democrats.

It would give more voice to Americans who feel disenfranchised by both parties and I get the feeling that is happening to a greater extent in this election than in the past.

10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

It seems we will never hear the end of this, "this election is so important I must support McCain" logic. Seems like if this is the case we will never see any real change in our choices for political office, especially the Office of the President. I think this is a ploy used by career politicians and parties. This continuing use fear to stay in power and do nothing is getting us nowhere but farther away from God and the Constitution.

11. billwald

billwald New Member

The purpose of 3rd parties is to pacify the people who care. Voting is the opium of the people.