1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured This age?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again an off topic response. Why are you denying your job is to hasten the day?

2. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because the Bible doesn't teach it.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First we get insults, then "taint so!" This is all they have folks! Did Paul Maxwell finally see through this deception?.

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is a novel idea, address the topic, and provide support for a fixed future where nothing happens by chance. And no one hastens the day.

Hastening the Day

Current age is the age of the New Covenant in His blood. The age will end when Christ returns. Your job is to hasten the day...

5. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who are you addressing in the above, Van?
    The reader?
    OK, but I'm right here and I assure you that I am following your posts above.

Also, who are "they", and who is Paul Maxwell?
    I'm sorry, but I've never heard of him.

In addition, I have not insulted you.
    All I asked for is the same thing that I feel any reader would ask...
    Show the Scriptural proof for your assertions, so that the believer can know where to go in their Bibles to find it for themselves.

EDIT:
    Thanks for your post above in # 24.
    Regrettably, I still disagree and I've posted in your thread ( Hastening the Day ) the reason that I have done so.
    God's timing is not dependent upon our will, and never has been.

His plans and purposes will unfold exactly as He has decided that they should, and His answers to prophecy will take place when He wants them to...
    For example, the first coming of His Son took place when the fullness of time had come ( Galatians 4:4-5 );
    Not when someone other than the Father wanted Him to send His Son.

May God bless you, and may you have a good evening.

#25 Dave G, Apr 12, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  6. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luke 20:34 YLT And Jesus answering said to them, 'The sons of this age do marry and are given in marriage,
    Matt 19:4,5 YLT And he answering said to them, 'Did ye not read, that He who made them, from the beginning a male and a female made them, and said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and cleave to his wife, and they shall be -- the two -- for one flesh?

Well it appears to me that age in Luke 20:34 compared to what Jesus said concerning the male and female was before the, "fall".

7. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luke 20:34 YLT And Jesus answering said to them, 'The sons of this age do marry and are given in marriage, but those accounted worthy to obtain that age, and the rising again that is out of the dead, neither marry, nor are they given in marriage;

Why is it that it seems like I see this current age which began with the God marriage of Adam and Eve and last until the resurrection of the dead, which appears to usher in the next age?

8. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just so. The commands of God, given to our first parents, are still valid after the Fall.

9. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Technically, the non procreation is not an age, it is a place. That place is currently existing at the same time.

If the age to come was as Jesus claimed the Atonement of the Cross, which is the Resurrection and the Life, then the age to come happened at Jesus' Resurrection. Procreation on earth does not determine the age. Those Resurrected at the Cross, themselves entered a new type of existence of non procreation.

The Cross was the Last Day of that current age. But procreation changed for those resurrected, not for those on earth. After a believer dies, they are given a new body, that is now like the angels not able to procreate.

Two different things in Jesus' statement loosely related. What most claim is that the old age kept going and the church overlaps it, but neither age really ends or starts. Really? Because that is replacement or reformed theology. No one wants to accept the Cross was the end of an age full stop. It has nothing to do with theology or the church replacing and eventually doing away with the old age. The Old age had a full stop and a full Resurrection. Those OT church were given a new incorruptible body, and they live in physical Paradise in physical bodies. Hebrews 11 was completely realized for all in Christ. The church did not replace anything on earth. The age of the church in Paradise began. We are not in the millennial kingdom where the church is growing on earth until a future time that could be hastened faster. The church in Paradise keeps growing, yes. Sin keeps advancing on earth and will only get worse, not better.

The current age is about rescuing as many dead people from sin cursed earth, into Paradise. It is not about life on earth at all. Life on earth is literally death. And unfortunately, because of the church, this will be the best existence for billions of souls.

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please show me with scripture where that in bold is stated. A new body at death?

I believe scripture states they are given a new body when Christ descends again.

1 Thes 4:16 1 Cor 15:23, 51,52 Phil 3:11.12.20,21

11. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Corinthians 5

Look at 1 Corinthians 15:52 literally.

"For the shofar will sound, and the dead will be raised to live forever, and we too will be changed."

The living are literally dead in corruptible bodies. They need to be resurrected. Then "we" the whole church will be glorified. When does any soul pass from death to life? It is at physical death. This body is literally physical death. No one appreciates that here on earth because it is the only "life" we know. This life is literally death.

When Paul addresses the dead, he is talking about the living on earth. When addressing those in Paradise, he calls it sleep. That is not soul sleep as many suggest. Paul is using earthly terms to differentiate between corruptible bodies which are dead, to souls who have passed from death to life. We do not live to die. We die to live.

The change is the spiritual change of our spirit joining our incorruptible bodies. Incorruptible is the first resurrection, physical. The soul per 2 Corinthians 5 is not in the ground. It is not even floating around heaven. It is in a permanent incorruptible body. The Resurrection is all about the first physical aspect of the soul. All of the church in Paradise is the firstfruits of the Resurrection and Life. The kingdom in Paradise is life, it is the mustard seed growing into a single body, each time a soul enters. It is not seen by those on earth. How much of Paradise surrounds us each day is not known. Paul says there is a great cloud of witnesses all around us. We on earth are spiritually blind to this eternal physical reality called life everlasting.

12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    None, repeat none, repeat none of those under the Old Covenant entered the kingdom of God. Only those in the age of the New Covenant will be resurrected. Got it?

13. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

[​IMG] Luk 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out

Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. “But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; “nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. “But even Moses showed in the burning bush passage that the dead are raised, when he called the Lord ‘the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’[fn] Luke 20:34-37

I believe those verses show Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will be raised out of the dead into the kingdom of God. If not I fail to understand just what they do say.

14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is this simple concept so hard for you to accept!! No one entered heaven before Christ died. Now repeat that. No one entered heaven before Christ died. Read John 3:13.

All the OT saints went to "Abraham's bosom" before Christ died. After Christ died, then by the blood of the Lamb were they (OT Saints) made perfect and entered heaven. See Hebrews 11:39-40

15. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never in any of my post said or implied anyone entered heaven.

My post implied Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, by resurrection out of the dead, will inherit the kingdom of God and, even so, will others also, sit down with them in the kingdom of God.