1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This could have been the history...

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Salty, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you can find a copy read McKinley Kantor's book, What if the South Had Won the Civil War.

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Interesting article.

What course would history have taken had the Axis won WWII? The USSR the Cold War?

4. billwald

billwald New Member

What if Lincoln had not pressed the matter and let the south go? How would this have harmed the North? How long would it have taken for the South to free the slaves? What other nation killed tens of thousands of its own people to free slaves?

Most every government action people on this list complain about happens because LIncon's revolution transformed a "NATO" called the USofA into a collection of provinces under one federal government called the USA.

5. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do I understand you to say it's now ol' Honest Abe's fault? I thought it was George Bush's!

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I personally think that we would have become the USA somewhere down the line WITHOUT the prodding of Lincoln.
    This nation would never have become the shining light it once was and the power player it once was if we were 2 separate entities.
    Again, personally, I think God had the USA in mind with the creation of this union beginning in '76, and if man had just followed God and not tried to speed up the progress, (like Sarah did with Abraham/Hagar --) the same end would/could have been accomplished without all this totally un-necessary and scandalous loss of life, and the overbearing bitterness that ensued after the "WAR OF NORTHERN AGGRESSION"!

7. billwald

billwald New Member

>Do I understand you to say it's now ol' Honest Abe's fault? I thought it was George Bush's!

Bush 2? That's like blaming Adam's sin on the tree. <G> Abe engineered the third Revolution (The 2nd Revolution killed the Articles and put us on the path to where we now). Bush 2 was merely following orders.

The purpose of a revolution is to change the basic form of a country's government. The purpose of a civil war is to partition a country. The Confederacy intended partition but Lincoln used it to create a revolution.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Last chance to post your thoughts :type:

9. billwald

billwald New Member

"What I have written, I have written." <G>

10. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

11. billwald

billwald New Member

"What if's" don't count. What if Jesus had not rose from the dead? Or what if . . . can't post it.