1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This Day in Baptist History

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by ktn4eg, Oct 31, 2010.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

This Day in Baptist History is not a narrative history of Baptists, but an amazing account of the lives and sacrfices of many of our Baptist forefathers.

It's a shame that few Baptists know of the persecutions that Baptists of days gone by right here in America had to suffer simply because they refused to obey the laws favoring state-supported churches.

Actually This Day in Baptist History now comes in several volumes and can be purchased on Amazon.

Every Baptist pastor or lay person ought to read at least one of these volumes!

2. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

How true it is that very few Baptists know of the persecutions we have endured over the years, the lives lost and the sacrifaces made for standing on what saith the word of GOD. I like you feel that is important that we know our heritage.

I thank God for our Baptists ancestors that had the boldness to stand up for the cross. I pray that God will give me the same kind of boldness that they had and let me stand on the doctrine of Jesus Christ.

3. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member

I agree. These books (vols. 1, 2, and 3) are must readings for Independent Baptists. The format is divided into 365 daily readings with footnotes and an index. When read on a daily schedule, the short readings (1 to 2 pages each) provide the opportunity to learn about the heroes of our Baptist faith.

...Bob

#3 BobinKy, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010
  4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    #4 Salty, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010
  5. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member