1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This I know to be true

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by OneIsTheWord, Jun 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneIsTheWord

OneIsTheWord Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    This I know to be true

I can say Christ I am for you, I believe I submit to your will, for I know that you have chosen me, I have submitted myself to my pastor and my Church every Sunday, I worship thee.

This I know to be true, on one can come to Christ of his own free will, because the truth is, Christ chooses out of millions of denomination who call and qualify to enter Christ rest.

He alone with His Father chooses who He wishes, no one can say I am, but one can petition and ask, and if and only if Christ chooses to do so.

Christ is Majesty; His divine will is to choose and resurrect the dead in Christ’s His body to His own eternal Church.

Matthew 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
    Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
    And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

Matthew 25:42-46 (NKJV) for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
    I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'
    Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?'
    Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'
    And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Romans 9:14-16 (NKJV) What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not!
    For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion."
    So then it is not of him, who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.

John 15:16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

John 5:39-44 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
    But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
    I do not receive honor from men.
    But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you.
    I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.
    How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God?

This I know to be true

Matthew 22:1-14 And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables and said:
    "The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son, and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come.
    Again, he sent out other servants, saying, 'Tell those who are invited, "See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding." '
    But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business.
    And the rest seized his servants, treated them spitefully, and killed them.
    But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies destroyed those murderers and burned up their city.
    Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.
    Therefore, go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.'
    So those servants went out into the highways And gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests. But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment.
    So he said to him, 'Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?' And he was speechless.
    Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
    For many are called, but few are chosen."

This I know to be true

The Middle class and of the poorest, who cry out to Christ, they work hard giving and always giving thanks to God the Father, who pay their hard-earned, live-hood, for their children’s, children’s pass on from generation to generation.

This I know to be true

Revelation 2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwells, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holds fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelled.

In Jeremiah 6:11 Therefore I am full of the fury of the LORD; I am weary with holding on: I will pour it out upon the children abroad and upon the assembly of young men together: for even the husband with the wife shall be taken, the aged with him that is full of days.

Read Jeremiah 8:10 -22

Rev 18:4-5 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities

Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    what point are you trying to get across?

3. OneIsTheWord

OneIsTheWord Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    greeting

The point across
    First, we need to understand what is sin, is an act, yes but no, is it a law, yes but sin is a lot more, doing good deeds or works do not remove sin at all

and what is and what is spiritually place called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
    Revelation 11:8
    Question do you have sin?

4. OneIsTheWord

OneIsTheWord Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    I tell you this, you guys can go a have a party with Christ, I'll say with unfortunate, you can go through the wide path I'll stay and go the through the narrow path and help the unfortunate

5. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you questioning the salvation of those who disagree with you?

peace to you

6. OneIsTheWord

OneIsTheWord Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Matthew 16:23 (NKJV) But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you, are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    One is the Word- a simple yes or no to Candys question would be appreciated

#7 Salty, Jul 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  8. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, do you think I’m Peter, or do you think you are Jesus?

peace to you

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you a new Christian?

Can we help you with a question you might have?

You offered some good verses but can you help us connect the dots as to what those verses are saying?

10. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Brother Glen:)

11. OneIsTheWord

OneIsTheWord Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Matthew 10:20-23 (KJV) For it is not ye that speaks, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
    And my brothers shall deliver up and my brothers shall me to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
    And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
    But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man become.

I'll shall not flee

No, thank you, I appreciate, you can not help me, but I can help you

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You could help us by answering the questions that have been asked of you.

and just being curious - which brand of of Baptists are you?

13. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed. You cannot be helped by anyone on this board. You need professional counseling.

I have no malice toward you. I say this in brotherly love. You have an extremely troubled.mind. Probably caused by the years of abuse you suffered as a child (which you revealed in your testimony).

By your own statements, you are hallucinating, having strange “dreams and visions and dreams within visions”. Although these “visions” are contrary to scripture, you seem to think you are getting new revelation from God.

You seem to claim you are a prophet. When people point out your beliefs are contrary to scripture, you think you are being persecuted and quote scripture as such.

So, I’ll say one more time, you need professional counseling. The sooner the better.

peace to you

14. OneIsTheWord

OneIsTheWord Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Who am I

Proverbs say

Proverbs 25:2-3 (KJV) It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter.
    The heaven for height, and the earth for depth, and the heart of kings is unsearchable.

Then in Corinthians, it said
    1 Corinthians 2:11 (NKJV) For what man knows the things of a man except for the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so, no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.

then in 1 Corinthians 2:10 (NKJV) But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

Proverbs also say
    Proverbs 9:9-12 (NKJV) Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
    For by me your days will be multiplied, And years of life will be added to you.
    If you are wise, you are wise for yourself, And if you scoff, you will bear it alone."

Note
    fear of the Lord: This is the central theme of the Book of Proverbs (see 1:7). The only appropriate way to approach the holy God is with fear, that is, reverence. The term Holy One is an intensive plural of the Hebrew word for holy: “the most Holy One” or “the quintessence of holiness.” for yourself … alone: You will feel the effects of your wisdom or foolishness directly; you cannot escape them.

For me it was fear, but with great love
    In Isaiah 28:9-10 (NKJV) "Whom will he teach knowledge? And whom will he make to understand the message? Those just weaned from milk? Those just drawn from the breasts?
    For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little."

my problem speech defect like Moses
    Isaiah 28:11-12 (NKJV) For with stammering lips and another tongue, He will speak to this people,
    To whom He said, "This is the rest with which You may cause the weary to rest," And, "This is the refreshing", Yet they would not hear.

my problem :Alien
    stammering lips and another tongue
    I am bilingual

In Exodus 4:10-12 (NLT2) But Moses pleaded with the LORD, “O Lord, I’m not very good with words. I never have been, and I’m not now, even though you have spoken to me. I get tongue-tied, and my words get tangled.”
    Then the LORD asked Moses, “Who makes a person’s mouth? Who decides whether people speak or do not speak, hear or do not hear, see or do not see? Is it not I, the LORD?
    Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say.”

#14 OneIsTheWord, Jul 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  15. OneIsTheWord

OneIsTheWord Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    rand

Greeting :)
    I am independent self-taught
    In 1 John 2:26-27 (KJV) These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
    But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

#15 OneIsTheWord, Jul 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  16. OneIsTheWord

OneIsTheWord Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Greeting
    This is the only answer I can give you, it what in your heart
    Mark 2:16-20 (NKJV) And when the scribes and Pharisees saw Him eating with the tax collectors and sinners, they said to His disciples, "How is it that He eats and drinks with tax collectors and sinners?"
    When Jesus heard it, He said to them, "Those who well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."
    The disciples of John and of the Pharisees were fasting. Then they came and said to Him, "Why do the disciples of John and of the Pharisees fast, but Your disciples do not fast?"
    And Jesus said to them, "Can the friends of the bridegroom fast while the bridegroom is with them? As long as they have the bridegroom with them they cannot fast.
    But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast in those days.

Luke 18:10-14 (NKJV) "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
    The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men--extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.
    I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'
    And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'
    I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

17. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    While you are attempting figure out your “anointing”, it would be wise to understand that if what you believe is contrary to scripture, it was not given to you by God

peace to you

18. OneIsTheWord

OneIsTheWord Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    if you say so :Notworthy :Speechless :Alien

19. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Astonishing! I said…
    And you are unsure, saddened to think that if what you believe is contrary to scripture it wasn’t given to you by God.

Scripture is the one sure way we know what God wants us to know. Anything that is contrary is not of God.

I saw in another post you said you are “self-taught”. You need guidance from a Godly, Bible centered saint to lead you in Bible study.

Peace to you

20. OneIsTheWord

OneIsTheWord Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Do men know more than God, I never said I do, but if the Lord knows that is good enough for me, I think He said we walk by faith, not by sight

2 Corinthians 5:10-13 (NKJV) For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
    Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
    For we do not commend ourselves again to you, but give you an opportunity to boast on our behalf, that you may have an answer for those who boast in appearance and not in heart.
    For if we are beside ourselves, it is for God; or if we are of sound mind, it is for you.

Ephesians 6:20 (NKJV) for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Jer 2:29-31 (KJV) Wherefore will ye plead with me? ye all have transgressed against me, saith the LORD. In vain have I smitten your children; they received no correction: your own sword hath devoured your prophets, like a destroying lion. O generation, see ye the word of the LORD. Have I been a wilderness unto Israel? a land of darkness? wherefore say, my people, We are lords; we will come no more unto thee?

Jer 5:1 (KJV) Run ye to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be any that executeth judgment, that seeketh the truth; and I will pardon it.

Jer 5:4-5 (KJV) Therefore I said, Surely these are poor; they are foolish: for they know not the way of the LORD, nor the judgment of their God. I will get me unto the great men and will speak unto them; for they have known the way of the LORD, and the judgment of their God: but these have altogether broken the yoke, and burst the bonds.

Jer 5:3 (KJV) O LORD, are not thine eyes upon the truth? thou hast stricken them, but they have not grieved; thou hast consumed them, but they have refused to receive correction: they have made their faces harder than a rock; they have refused to return.

1 Thess 2:15-16 (KJV) Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us, and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins always: for the wrath comes upon them to the uttermost.

2 Tim 2:23-26 (KJV) But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Jer 23:9-10 (KJV) Mine heart within me is broken because of the prophets; all my bones shake; I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine hath overcome, because of the LORD, and because of the words of his holiness. For the land is full of adulterers; for because of swearing the land mourneth; the pleasant places of the wilderness are dried up, and their course is evil, and their force is not right.

Acts 17:29-31 (KJV) Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
    And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
    Because he hath appointed a day. This is given as a reason why God commands men to repent. They must be judged; and if they are not penitent and pardoned, they must be condemned.

Luke 10:11-16 (KJV) Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God has come nigh unto you. But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city. Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell. He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

Ephesians 6:20 (NKJV) for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Luke 23:31 (KJV) For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry? {This is Jesus’ final lament over the nation of Israel.}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.