1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This is going to take a LOT of prayer.....

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Scarlett O., Jul 21, 2009.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Last Sunday, we had a Gideon guest speaker from Indonesia. His name is Yongki (rhymes with donkey) Santosa. He was here for the International Gideon Convention.

He spoke to us via a powerpoint projection with some statistics about Christianity and Indonesia.

It was all I could do to understand his broken English, but God prevailed there.

The outlook is very bleak.
    • Every year, hundreds of Christian churches are burned to the ground and the number is increasing. In 2008, over 900 Christians churches were burned.
    • Just in the past few months, 6 pastors have been shot to death while preaching behind the pulpit.
    • Islamic schools now make up 80% of the schools in Indonesia.
    Yongki has a GREAT burden for his people and covets our prayers.

I talked to him after the service and told him that while he is here for the Gideon convention to tell everyone that he can about the bleak outlook and I thanked him for bringing this to American Christian's attention.

God can move there and change things, but only God can.

He gave a prime example. He and some fellow Gideons approached the largest Islamic school in Indonesia praying that they would receive permission to place a Bible in the school library. The school has over 16,000 students! He showed us a picture. It's like a small town.

There was a mix up and the principal of the school thought that he wanted to give all of the students a Bible. The principal said, "Ok, send us about 14,000 Bibles. Send a couple for the library and one to me."

After a month or so, they got a phone call from the principal asking them to meet with him. They did and he told them, "I read this Bible. Can you tell me how to become a Christian!" He was saved and now has changed his name to Abraham and works with the Gideons.

.....he was also promptly fired from his job as principal of the Islamic school.

After I talked to Yongki, the last thing he said to me in a very burdensome voice was, "Pray for me...".

"Pray for me...."

Will you please pray for Yongki and his team and for the nation of Indonesia and for God to move there in a miraculous way?

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Yes, we will pray

"Pray for me...."

Will you please pray for Yongki and his team and for the nation of Indonesia and for God to move there in a miraculous way?

Yes, we will be praying for this country, this ministry and for a miracle from
    God to these hungry people for the Gospel of Salvation! Please keep the
    Christian safe and meet all of their needs. We pray this to the God of Miracles!
    Amen!!!

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Certainly.....................

4. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

God in Jesus Name I ome to You on behalf of Brother Yongki safe and keep others who are trying to reach out to those who are not saved. Placea precious specil hedge of protection around these servants of YOurs God InJesus Name
    Faithgirl

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Wow...there's a number of very compelling requests going on over the last couple days!

6. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Just seeing this - praying

7. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Praying for Yongki and the people of Indonesia...and for the Gideons as well.

8. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

We continue to pray to the Lord Who specializes in the impossible!!
    Dear Lord, we pray that you will keep Yongki safe and use him to
    share the Gospel of Good News to these precious souls who live
    in Indonesia.
    May you bless the Gideon for their ministry.
    We pray this in Your Precious Name, Jesus,Amen.