1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This shouldn't happen.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cutter, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

:thumbs: Hear, Hear!

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

911 is strictly for emergencies. I don't understand why you had an emergency. No one had actually threatened or attacked you.

3. crazycat

crazycat Member

I am an ER nurse, I know what emergency are for. This was a potential life threatening situation I was in.

4. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

It is up to the person using the 9-1-1 function on their phone to determine if it is in fact an emergency. If someone makes you feel unsafe for whatever the reason, use the resources available to you.

5. crazycat

crazycat Member

Got this off a Sheriff department website

http://www.adasheriff.org/Dispatch/FAQ911.asp

When should I call 911?
    911 is for emergencies or things that could become emergencies.
    • Is there a threat to life or property?
    • Are you or someone else the victim of a crime?
    • Do you have a police emergency?
    • Do you or someone else have a medical emergency?
    • Do you need the fire department?
    If the situation seems urgent and has the potential to become dangerous, call 911. Dispatchers will determine whether your call should be handled by 911 or can be transferred to another person or agency. All other calls should be directed to our non-emergency number: 377-6790.

6. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I have a dream, too... there's this snake, wearing a vest, rolling out a big donut...

7. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

You too!!! For real?... this is too crazy. What was the color of the vest?

8. crazycat

crazycat Member

So did both of you have pepperoni pizza with anchovies and sardines for supper:laugh:

9. jellico25w

jellico25w New Member

I hope that "you know who turns "out to be just like you. Racsim is a sin, and in Re:3:4: Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
    Re:3:5: He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. In heaven the glowing white Jesus wears does not include hoods like in Indiana. God created the human race from one blood. There will be no segregation in heaven, so you better start getting used to it now. With your views i would be very sure your even on your way. M't:12:37: For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.( You know i don't know for sure, but "the you know who's" are posting here too.) Your views give not only Christians a bad name but Southern Baptist. I can't wait until the day Jesus separates the wheat from the tares and burns the tares. So we don,t have to be contaminated by their hate.M't:13:24: Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
    M't:13:25: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
    M't:13:26: But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
    M't:13:27: So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
    M't:13:28: He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
    M't:13:29: But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
    M't:13:30: Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

#29 jellico25w, Sep 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2007