1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This video could just change your day!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 25, 2017.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “My grace is sufficient for you ...”

I was watching a Gaither Homecoming today, and I was honestly blessed out of my frail, aging; pain filled body. Isn't it just like the Father to put someone along side of us on the path we travel to show us NO MATTER how bad we think we have it here in this life; He softly reprimands our self-pity by showing us someone who is worse; and if that person we encounter along the path can be praise God in their circumstances, who are we to question or mumble and grumble about our own circumstances???

I think this video and song will bless you, as it did me, of any self-doubt or self-pity, you may be feeling at this particular time in your walk! If this young man, just like Joni Eareckson Tada, can praise God in his circumstances, how much more will, and can, God do in our present situation! Like Paul heard God say to him after three fervent prayer sessions failed to move the arm of God regarding the removal of the thorn, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness!"

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AMEN, AMEN, AND AMEN!!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife and I saw David Ring preach about 20 years ago. At first it was difficult to understand him, but when we left we felt like the time flew by. We had sat there for a couple of hours.

I guess by now he's in his 60's. Do you know if he still preaches?

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I don't know if he still preaches! I fund this on a Gaither homecoming video! And it blessed me abundantly.

5. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Copied & Pasted.

David Ring was born in Jonesboro, the seat of Craighead County in eastern Arkansas, the son of Baptist pastor, Oscar Newton Ring. Ring's father died in 1964. Cancer took his mother four years later. Ring was hence an orphan at the age of fourteen. Depressed from the combination of losing his parents and the difficulties of his disability, Ring dropped out of high school. Ring specifically struggled with losing his mother, the only woman he believed would love him. According to Ring, he attempted to commit suicide many times over the course of the following two years due to his depression. With the encouragement of his sister, however, he gave his life to Jesus in 1970 and returned to Liberty High School in Liberty, Missouri where he graduated in 1971. Ring earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from William Jewel College in Liberty in 1976, where he was a member of Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity. His new signature message is "I have cerebral palsy, but cerebral palsy don't have me." His now infamous catch phrase (concerning Christians who make excuses regarding their faith) is: "I have Cerebral palsy and I serve the Lord with all that is within me, what's your excuse?"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1