1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thompson's wheels coming off

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Magnetic Poles, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Fred Thompson is losing it. He thinks the Soviet Union is a big threat (Hey Fred...come out of your sleep...the USSR has not existed for almost 20 years). Then he has to ask for applause from a bored Iowa audience:
    "Can I have a round of applause?" Thompson is forced to ask a silent Iowan audience at the end of his 24 minutes of remarks. After a rustle of clapping and some laughter, he grumbles, "Well, I had to drag that out of you."
    Time for Fred to go back to being a B-Grade character actor.

Thompson Bombs: CLICK HERE

Fred begs for applause: CLICK HERE

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also, there have been posters in this forum who have attacked Ron Paul for his federalist approach on the abortion issue. Now it turns out that Fred Thompson has the same kind of federalist approach on the issue of homosexual marriage:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gcHvKpuQuCbCx0XFdsgTGGcYLBXAD8S0M7H00

I wonder if the same posters will now attack Fred Thompson for his federalist approach.

3. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

I doubt they'll even comment on it.

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Thompson favors a constitutional ammendment to affirm a limit on the assumed power of judges to override the legislatures of the states. That doesn't seem like something a federalist would do!

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure it is. Limiting the power of the federal government over the states is what federalism is all about.

Ron Paul advocates restricting federal judges as well:

"I am also the prime sponsor of HR 300, which would negate the effect of Roe v Wade by removing the ability of federal courts to interfere with state legislation to protect life. This is a practical, direct approach to ending federal court tyranny which threatens our constitutional republic and has caused the deaths of 45 million of the unborn."

- www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/life-and-liberty/

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==From the Youtube video, I think more is being made of this then should be. It looks to me as if he was just "getting the crowd going". You see performers doing this all the time. Also I would not describe the clapping as a "rustle" nor would I say he "grumbles" anything. Look I am NOT a Fred Thompson fan, I would not vote for him if he was the last Republican on the face of the earth, but I do believe in being fair. I think we need to focus on the issues and not this side show stuff. Fred Thompson is, in my opinion, just an older version of George W Bush. He is the typical standby Republican candidate. This campaign is too important to be concentrating on unimportant stuff.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like the way at the end when he is meaning to ask "Anybody got a question?" that he asked "Anybody got an answer?" :)

Seriously, I think that Thompson is a good guy and would make a great neighbor.

8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Yep, I'd let him borrow my snow thrower, but not give him the keys to the White House.

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Not the same thing. which is really quite obvious.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it is, Timmy. Either you don't understand it or else you refuse to admit it if you do understand it.